cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco WebView Questions

ryan.suedo
Level 1
Level 1

We utilize webview us our reporting / workforce tool for our in house call center. But there have been doubts pulling outbound number using webview. I stumble a report in Webview (Agtskg04). It shows External Out Tasks and Internal Out Tasks, still got confused in the definition of these two. Please help me understand on the difference with External Out Tasks and Internal Out Tasks. Most of our agents has more number on Internal Out Tasks, which I think is the outgoing calls to another agent or anthoer department or extension internally. But it's not what is happening they usually calls out to customers and not transferring to another extension.Thanks!

Second inquiry, What report in WebView that account all hours of an agent to calculation for the utilization? Aside from the Note Ready Summary Report, 'coz when I sum up all Not Ready times and Handle Time it does not add up to the total hours that the agent is login thru CTI.

Waiting for you brillian ideas,

ryanS>>

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Nathan Luk
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Ryan,

External Out Tasks and Internal Out Tasks should be exactly that. Calls made externally and internally by the agent. Note that by internal and external I am referring to internal and external to Call Manager. In the reporting guide it says that:

Consult, conference out and transfer out calls are counted as outgoing internal calls if they are placed to another device that is on the same CallManager cluster. The device could be any of the following: another agent line, any other extensions to the VRU and any IP phone or CTI route point.

So if you are using IP IVR, transfers, consults and conferences to the IVR are considered outgoing internal calls as well which may be where some of those numbers are coming from?

As for your 2nd query. I'd use agtskg24. Individual Not Ready reason code times are only available through the Not Ready summary reports though. There are other state times you are missing out on if you only count handle time and not ready time such as available time, reserved time and busy other time (at the agent skill group level).

Cheers,

Nathan

View solution in original post

So a Call Manager cluster will be what is controlling all the phones in your organisation (usually, depending on the size and geographical distribution of your offices some companies will have multiple clusters). From what you describe though, calls will be going out via the US to your US customers so anything which heads out to the external world would be considered an external out call.

What I'm referring to in regards to what could count as an internal out calls are:

• Internal calls to queues (internal to the company, can be located at any office and still be considered internal)
  • Internal calls to other agents, supervisors and any other general user in the company
  • Calls where you conference or transfer your IVR
  • Calls to security, finance etc (basically any number still internal to the company regardless of location as long as it's on a Cisco phone)

External calls to customers I would imagine would be counting under external out. The 991 you dial in-front I suspect is basically instructing Call Manager to send the call out via the US to minimise call costs.

Cheers,

Nathan

One important point. You say that the agent phones have 2 (or is it 3) lines. Only one of these extensions is the contact center extension. WebView only knows about calls on this line.

Do you have a lab/test environment where you can make test calls for different scenarios. You make a set of scripted calls, wait until the half-hour comes around, then run the WebView report and check the numbers. Often this is the only way to really know.

Regards,

Geoff

8 Replies 8

Nathan Luk
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Ryan,

External Out Tasks and Internal Out Tasks should be exactly that. Calls made externally and internally by the agent. Note that by internal and external I am referring to internal and external to Call Manager. In the reporting guide it says that:

Consult, conference out and transfer out calls are counted as outgoing internal calls if they are placed to another device that is on the same CallManager cluster. The device could be any of the following: another agent line, any other extensions to the VRU and any IP phone or CTI route point.

So if you are using IP IVR, transfers, consults and conferences to the IVR are considered outgoing internal calls as well which may be where some of those numbers are coming from?

As for your 2nd query. I'd use agtskg24. Individual Not Ready reason code times are only available through the Not Ready summary reports though. There are other state times you are missing out on if you only count handle time and not ready time such as available time, reserved time and busy other time (at the agent skill group level).

Cheers,

Nathan

Thanks Nathan,

I have follow-up questions, this might some sound simple questions to you but we just don't know these things. We were never trained on Cisco WebView basic concepts and all other technical stuff that an end-user show know about. We were just reading pdf files online, which is very technical ( in terms of terminilogies). I am not a network engineer or a Cisco certified person our team most came from BPO companies and we're hired to do a workforce/reporting tasks in an in-house call center which they utilize Cisco phones and this Cisco WebView. I would really appreciate your time on this Nathan and all other Cisco WebView expert people.

Now, to my follow-up questions. what do you mean by a CallManager cluster?. Let me give a background on our telephony system here. All our departments here in our company uses Cisco phones worlwide. And we have a division that is on a call center set-up. They have two extensions US extensions and local (philippines) extensions. So when at times they need to callback our customers in US, they'll dial 991 then the customer's number. AND sometimes they will call to our local security in the building to ask for something or calling to our facilities. So, I'm guessing that this callmanager cluster are those phones or extension within our company like security personnel, to our finance team, etc. But when they call to our customers in US, which I assume outside our CallManager cluster? Is this gonna fall under Internal Out Tasks? Please have your explaination in a simple way as you can.

Thank you so much for those who are willing to help me understand!

sincerely,

ryan suedo

So a Call Manager cluster will be what is controlling all the phones in your organisation (usually, depending on the size and geographical distribution of your offices some companies will have multiple clusters). From what you describe though, calls will be going out via the US to your US customers so anything which heads out to the external world would be considered an external out call.

What I'm referring to in regards to what could count as an internal out calls are:

• Internal calls to queues (internal to the company, can be located at any office and still be considered internal)
  • Internal calls to other agents, supervisors and any other general user in the company
  • Calls where you conference or transfer your IVR
  • Calls to security, finance etc (basically any number still internal to the company regardless of location as long as it's on a Cisco phone)

External calls to customers I would imagine would be counting under external out. The 991 you dial in-front I suspect is basically instructing Call Manager to send the call out via the US to minimise call costs.

Cheers,

Nathan

Thanks Nathan,

I would have to agree on it but, when i generate this report (Agtskg04), most the agents numbers are on Internal Out Tasks, and almost zero on External Out Tasks which really puzzles me, why are the numbers falls on Internal Out tasks when calling out to customers?

Hi Ryan,

Sorry mate, I'm falling a little short of ideas without being able to have a look at your actual Call Manager / UCCE environment and seeing how your calls route. There's nobody in the organisation who can tell you how the outbound calls route to your customers?

You guys aren't using an automated Outbound dialler are you?

Cheers,

Nathan

One important point. You say that the agent phones have 2 (or is it 3) lines. Only one of these extensions is the contact center extension. WebView only knows about calls on this line.

Do you have a lab/test environment where you can make test calls for different scenarios. You make a set of scripted calls, wait until the half-hour comes around, then run the WebView report and check the numbers. Often this is the only way to really know.

Regards,

Geoff

Thanks Geoff,

I'll be testing tonight on some agents.

Hi Nathan,

We're not using automatic dialer, our agents are on an inbound call center setup. Do you have any suggestion on how should I go about this?

thanks!

ryan suedo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: