cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring the UC540 to dial another extension group with the CCA

amarranca
Level 1
Level 1

We have two phone systems side by side, one is a Cisco UC540 and the other is a Shortel. (Im not worried about configuring the shortel side of things, that is a whole different company).

From the Cisco side I know I can use this command in the CLI and it will work.

dial-peer voice 2001 voip

description ** Shortel System **

destination-pattern 2..

b2bua

session protocol sipv2

session target ipv4: (shortel IP)

dtmf-relay sip-notify

codec g711ulaw

no vad

!

Im unsure how to implement the above command into the CCA.

The Cisco extensions are in the 300 range and the Shortel is in the 200 range.  I need the cisco system to have a dial plan that will call the Shortel in the 200.

Can someone please advise on how can this be acomplished in the CCA?

3 Replies 3

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

CCA now has a multisite manager (MSM) that sets up a multisite tunnel and extension dialing between 2 UC 500s (up to 5 supported)

SO you dial and digit indicating Extension Dialing, a site index indicating which site, and the extension (whoich can be the same range in each site)....someting like 8+2+201

If you search the community for multisite, you will find the manual CLI we used to use BEFORE CCA supported it (Dial Peers and Translation rules) to see if that helps you.

Hmmmm,

It appears as though the MSM wants to connect over a WAN connection.  (My other system is not on the WAN but off of another switch that connectes to the expansion port on the UC540)

Steven Smith
Level 7
Level 7

MSM is probably the best bet for CCA, but it may not address this specific issue.

I would suggest doing the command and follow the procedures in the CCA out of band guide for CCA 2.2.

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_configuration_assistant/version2_2_1/out_of_band_reference/cca_r22_oob_config_guidelines.pdf

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: