Views
Helpful
Replies

QuickVPN Windows 7, When?

vincegangi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Cisco,

Can you please tell me if there is any updates on the compatibility with Windows 7 and the Cisco QuickVPN client?

16 Replies 16

rdeyoungaia
Level 1
Level 1

I think that MANY of us want/need this patch, but Cisco seems to be deaf.  I am really unhappy with Cisco on this issue.  I specifically bought the RVS4000 to replace my older Linksys router because it had this simple QuickVPN feature.  Then, just a couple of months later, I upgrade to Win7 Pro and it won't work.

Other posts have said it works in compatibility mode set to Vista SP2, but I have not found that to be true.  When I set it to that, and XP, etc. it still goes through the "activating policy ...", then "verifying network ...", then finally "Remote Gateway is not responding" and never connects.  I have tested it with UAC turned off, set the QuickVPN to run as an administrator, etc, etc. all with no success.

I did finally find a work around, but it is absurd.  I set up a Virtual PC in XP Mode.  I installed QuickVPN in the XP Virtual PC and I can connect that way.

This is ridiculous!  Why can't/won't Cisco fix this????

Cisco, are you listening at all???

...Rich

CISCO why are you playing deaf ??

I also bought a WRVS4400N router to replace my old one and it had the quickvpn client. I used it with windows XP for A couple of months and later I updated my system to Windows 7. Then I realized that CISCO did not have an upgrade for windows 7 for its QuickVPN Client.

I have read all the workarounds that people are saying could work for windows 7 and quickvpn client... Well gues what ,, They do not work at all..

To  my surprise, I see lots of CISCO "gurus" posting answers for us to test.... This is unaceptable,, and to make it work they do not work at all.

The question is very simple,,,,, WHEN IS CISCO GOING TO HAVE THE WINDOWS 7 VERSION OF THE QUICKVPN CLIENT READY..???

WHY CISCO DOES NOT RESPOND THIS QUESTIONS STRAIGHT ..... IS CISCO EVER GOING TO SUPPORT A QUICKVPN CLIENT FOR WINDOWS 7???

IF THE ANSWER IS NOT.... I WILL GO TO THE STORE (FRYS) AND REQUEST MY MONEY BACK AND I WILL NEVER BUY A PRODUCT FROM CISCO AGAIN..... I HAVE MANY CLIENTS AND FRIENDS WITH SAME PROBLEM,,,,

. DEAR CISCO..... ,

WINDOWS  7 IS HERE TO STAY... HENCE YOU BETTER GIVE SUPPORT TO YOUR PRODUCTS FOR WINDOWS 7...

AN ANSWER IS REQUIRED NOW,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, CISCO APTITUDE IN THIS ISSUE IS UNACCEPTABLE.

Regards, Erasmo Marcano ( an unhappy loyal customer).

Hi Cisco,

Please reply, don't leave us in the dark.

I will ask again... When will you have a VPN client that works with windows 7?

Please, advise.

Again... Cisco people,,, do you have any plans to have a quickvpn client for windows 7 at all. I believe your loyal clients need a concrete response.

If you check the internet blogs you will find out that many people is trying to find third party answers to resolve a problem which should betaken care of by CISCO many weeks ago............

Regards, Erasmo Marcano (an unhappy customer)

Thanks for the posts. Your comments are appreciated. Please note that Cisco Small Business products are represented in the Small Business Support Community here: https://www.myciscocommunity.com/community/smallbizsupport, rather than the NetPro forums. Recommend you subscribe to this

message board for updates: https://www.myciscocommunity.com/community/smallbizsupport/routers?view=discussions .

Thanks,

Stephanie Reaves

Small Business Technology Group

Hello,

QuickVPN support for Windows 7 is now available client version 1.4.0.5. It can be downloaded from Cisco.com software center (with CCO account.)

More information can be found at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/csbr/quickvpn/release/notes/QuickVPN_RN_v1-4-0-5.pdf

The new version supports:

• WinXP 32-bit only
  • Vista 32-bit and 64-bit
  • Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit

Thank you all for your patience.

I hope you and your love ones are safe and healthy
Monica Lluis
Community Manager Lead

Install QuickVPN client ,dont change compatibility mode..
Make sure the Windows 7 firewall is turned on.
Restart your computer then:

1. Right click on Computer Icon
2. Select Manage
3. Select Services and Applications
4. Select Services
5. Sort by Name
6. Look for and right click on IKE and AuthIP IPsec Keying Modules (Should not be disabled, if so, do the rest below)
7. Select Properties
8. Make Startup Type be: Automatic
9. Restart PC and try QuickVPN..

Just checked.  It is not disabled, but QuickVPN still fails.

It really would be nice to be able to use QuickVPN again; it is the whole reason I purchased this router.

...Rich

You using Windows7 32 or 64?

What message did you get from your router?

Best to look at the first message in this thread that I sent for more details and the unsatisfactory, but successful, work around that I have been using.  Snipet below:

It still goes through the "activating policy ...", then "verifying network ...", then finally "Remote Gateway is not responding" and never connects.

Windows 7 pro 32 bit.  Also runing NIS 2010.

...Rich

First of all sorry for my English.

I had the same issue and finally solved it by installing the CISCO.VPN.Client.v5.0.04.0300 (the one which is used for routers like Cisco 877) additionally to my computer (QuickVpn and CiscoVPNClient).

I found this solution by "accident", because I had a Laptop with Windows 7 in my home, where Quicvpn was working perfect from the beginning.

Then I thought that the only deference was that I had installed first the CISCO.VPN.Client to establish a vpn connection to a different place. So I tried this procedure to a new laptop and it worked also.

Hope helping you for solving this headache to...

sahnids
Level 1
Level 1

With these many posts trying to get this thing working. i believe i have just wasted my time and money on buying your product CISCO. I been waiting for a resolutions for over 2 weeks now and some of these peers for over months. what a pathetic support. So, CISCO would we getting any reply?

Just recently, I got mine to work.  Unfortunately, I changed several things at once, so I am not sure which one solved it or if it was the combination/sequence that did it.

First, after renewing my Norton Internet Security, they gave me a deal I couldn't pass up to add Norton Utilities.  After running the registry cleaner a couple of times, I found that several nagging problems were resolved; this was NOT one of them.

However, I thought that maybe if I uninstalled QuickVPN, ran the registry cleaner, rebooted, then reinstalled QVPN, maybe that would work.  I did that, but before reinstalling, I checked the Cisco small business website and found a slightly newer version of QVPN v1.4.1.2 and downloaded it.  After uninstalling, running the registry cleaner, rebooting, then installing v1.4.1.2, IT WORKS in Win7!!

I have no idea if any one step would have worked alone or if it took the particular sequence, but this is what solved the problem for me.

...Rich

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: