Level 1
Level 1

Looks like it coming from a user configured 942

Can see any reference in any documentation

4 Replies 4

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Not sure the context of Computer-Telephony Integration here, but are you referring to as in seen inside the SIP SUBSCRIBE and NOTIFY message bodies (Event:) when the phone connects to the SPA9000?

SIP Defines event as: 
event: The event attribute indicates the event which caused the contact state machine to go into its current state.  Valid
values are registered, created, refreshed, shortened,expired, deactivated, probation, unregistered and rejected.

Event in a Notify Message

No SPA9000 involved

So the question is I guess how does a phone user trigger this event?

Our own implemntaion of CTI does not use it

The X-SPA-CTI event is specificly developed for the SIP SUBSCRIBE/NOTIFY methods for CTI (Computer Telephone Integration). To my knowledge this is not a publicly available API.

The reason I know this is becuase our company developed Call Ctrl which is a call manager for Linksys SPA900 and Cisco SPA500 Series Phones. These are the phones that support this event. Call Ctrl is a application that uses the CTI and allows all phone functions to be accessible from Windows XP/Vista/7 with Click to Dial for Outlook, IE and any Windows application.

You can check it out at www.uctrlit.com/CallCtrl. I do not know of any other applications that utilize the CTI.

Hope This Helps

Dear Sir;

This may be seen if you are using (or have configured) BLF on the phone, or simply have the CTI enabled on the phone (there is a flag on the [SIP] tab for it).

Regards;
Alberto