cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Where do I - in Callmanager 7x - change a department name and do this have any downside regarding the phones?

Hi,

In my Cisco Unified CM Administration System version: 7.0.1.11000-2, I have a lot of different department names and they are all in use.

Last year one of our departments changed their name, and now I would like to update the old department name to the new department name.

I have looked everywhere, but I can not find anywhere where I can rename a department, where can I do this? And does it have any downsides regarding the phones and their usage? I can not think that I need to restart or reset all the phones in the department, but I want to be sure before I do anything.

I know that I can search individual users and phones and rename these, but there must be an automatic approach to rename a department for some 200 users and phones?

Kind regards,

Carl-Marius

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Bulk Admin tool.

Export all users to CSV file.

Edit the CSV file.

import the CSV file to CUCM

run the user import in BULK admin tool.

It will then update the departments.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Bulk Admin tool.

Export all users to CSV file.

Edit the CSV file.

import the CSV file to CUCM

run the user import in BULK admin tool.

It will then update the departments.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: