Views
Helpful
Replies

Email Notification

adamgibs7
Level 6
Level 6

Hello,

I'm specifying the details for the DFM alerts in the Notification services tab in email configuration by specifying the same sender and receiver email add.I'm not able to recieve the alerts. WHile installing the LMS i have specified the mail server IP add but not the email address,where i have to navigate to specify the email address.

I have done the proper steps for the Notification services but still i m not able to receive alerts.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

From the LMS server, telnet to smcmbx on TCP port 25, and make sure you can, 1. connect to the server, and 2. issue the following command:

HELO IP

Where IP is the IP address of the LMS server.  The mailserver should grant you access to send email.

If that works, start a sniffer trace filtering on all tcp/25 traffic between the LMS server and the SMTP server.  Generate new DFM events which should trigger email notifications, then check the sniffer trace to see what is happening.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

DFM maintains its own copy of SMTP settings.  If you are not receiving DFM notifications, how exactly have you configured your notification group?  What events are showing up in the DFM Alerts and Activities Display that are not being sent as email notifications?

Hello Clarke,

I can see critical alerts in DFM Alerts and Activities Display but they are not sent as  email notification

In Event set: selected critical events from "A"

In notification groups i have selected all the devices and  Alert severity> critical, Alert status>Active ,ACK,Cleared, Event set >all, Event severity>critical, Event status>Active and cleared.

In email notification:

Subscription Name:ABC

Notification group:CDE(the group i created for Notification group)

mail exchange IP add:X.X.X.X

sendermail and recipient address i have kept the same.

Is it necessary to keep different ID or the same ID will do.

Post screenshots showing your Event Set and Notification Group configurations.  Also, post the SPECIFIC DETAILS of the events being displayed in AAD.

Hello Clarke,

Here are the attchments.

Hello Clarke,

Waiting for ur replies.

From the LMS server, telnet to smcmbx on TCP port 25, and make sure you can, 1. connect to the server, and 2. issue the following command:

HELO IP

Where IP is the IP address of the LMS server.  The mailserver should grant you access to send email.

If that works, start a sniffer trace filtering on all tcp/25 traffic between the LMS server and the SMTP server.  Generate new DFM events which should trigger email notifications, then check the sniffer trace to see what is happening.