wireless lan controller guest logins

Unanswered Question
Feb 9th, 2010

Hi all

I have managed to create a lobby user to create guest wlan accounts,

I have a few questions, when a user tries to connect to the wireless network, will the internet explorer automatically redirect them to the web auth page? is this done via a dhcp option of some sort?

- once web auth has been done, does this basically put in a key in the wireless settings ? would this be WPA encryption?

-lastly is there anyway from the controller you can print the token for the user with a username and password? or do you need to simply write it down for them?

Many thanks

Carl

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Robert.N.Barrett_2 Tue, 02/09/2010 - 15:48

I won't claim to be the expert, but I'm pretty sure that Guest login is a different "security" from your WLAN security.  Whatever settings you use on your WLAN (WPA/WEP/etc.) must be configured in advance on the client in order for the user to connect to your wireless network and get an IP address.  Once connected, the user will open up a browser (which will get redirected) to the guest logon page.  At this point, the client can only resolve DNS and get to your guest logon web page.  Once logged on, the user will be able to actually get somewhere on your wireless network, but the WLAN settings remain the same before, during, and after guest logon.

Also - if you can implement WCS, WCS will allow you to print or email the credentials.

Actions

This Discussion