Recertification

Unanswered Question
Feb 9th, 2010

Hi

My CCNA certification has expired.I wants to clear my CCVP Certification at the earliest. Also i have cleared 2 papers of CCVP certification that is 642-446 and 642-456 recently.My plan is to complete all papers of CCVP certification and post to that i will complete my CCNA certication.

Please let me know if this is the way is possible if i complete my all CCVP papers first and at the end i complete my CCNA papers to get CCVP verticatiion.

Is there any order which i should complete my CCNA first the i should go for CCVP.

Please let me know.

Regds,

Annu

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Brandon Buffin Tue, 02/09/2010 - 06:24

Yes, you can complete CCNA after completing the required tests for CCVP. You will just not receive the CCVP certification until you complete CCNA. Note that CCNA Voice is now a prerequisite for CCVP. However, after completing the CCVP tests, you will have completed 642-436 (CVOICE) which along with CCNA constitutes CCNA Voice.

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/le2/le37/le65/learning_certification_type_home.html

Hope this helps.

Brandon

annuputhran Tue, 02/09/2010 - 10:09

Hi Brandon,

Thanks for the reply.

This means we can write in any paper of ccvp in any order.

Also if i clear all my ccvp paper without having the valid ccna , i will not get the ccvp certificate unless and until i clear my ccna paper if i am correct.This means we can write ccna at the end also after clearing all papers of ccvp.

Please guide me on this.....

Regds,

Annu

Brandon Buffin Tue, 02/09/2010 - 10:37

Yes, you are correct. You can take the CCVP tests in any order. You can then take the CCNA after having passed all CCVP tests. In this case, you will not be CCVP certified until you pass the CCNA.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Actions

This Discussion