Views
Helpful
Replies

AP-Group vlan in 4.2.207

frmejiugr
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to assign a separate interface (VLAN) to the same SSID on different APs. For this I have defined a new dynamic interface with a new vlan, I also defined an additional AP group has the same default SSID but changing the interface that is assigned. I took an AP and I've assigned to that group, but when a client is associated on that AP, controller ignores the new interface and keeps it in the interface definied at SSID at default group.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

braggb001
Level 1
Level 1

frmejiugr....

When using AP-Group vlan's do the following:

1. Create the subnets in Controller > Interfaces
  2. Create the AP Groups Vlan in WLANs > Advanced > AP Groups Vlan coresponding to the newly created subnets
  3. When setting up the SSID, In the "General" tab select "Management" as the interface option.
  4. When configuring the AP pick the appropriate "AP Group Name" in the "Advanced" tab.

It looks to me like your issue is probably with Step #3.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

braggb001
Level 1
Level 1

frmejiugr....

When using AP-Group vlan's do the following:

1. Create the subnets in Controller > Interfaces
  2. Create the AP Groups Vlan in WLANs > Advanced > AP Groups Vlan coresponding to the newly created subnets
  3. When setting up the SSID, In the "General" tab select "Management" as the interface option.
  4. When configuring the AP pick the appropriate "AP Group Name" in the "Advanced" tab.

It looks to me like your issue is probably with Step #3.

Hope this helps.

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Specific to AP group on 4.x code. I created a comprehensive step by step video and posted it on my site. Take a gander when you have a chance.

http://www.my80211.com/cisco-wlc-labs/2009/3/22/cisco-ap-group-nugget.html

If you find it helpful. Please throw some ratings my way !

Thanks

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Thanks George for your answer.

Your tutorial is the solution but I had already found another guide very similar at cisco:

http://www.cisco.com/application/pdf/paws/71477/ap-group-vlans-wlc.pdf

Thanks you.

Regards.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card