Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP200 dead after firmware upgrade

bweikampcaisley
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

hope anyone can help because it seems to be that cisco and linksys can´t. cisco support phone number is broken now for hours so i can not reach anyone there

so here is the story

i´ve made a firmware upgrade to 2.0.1.3 because of the wap200 was never running reliable with the old firmware (1.0.2.2 or 1.0.22).

i started the update, got the screen that said "please wait... system is rebooting" for about 10 minutes and that´s it.

no response on ping 192.168.1.245

no response on ping the old ip

no device found with superscan

no response on ping wap200

nothing nothing and nothing again.

is there anything left i can do?

did the reset allready

press reset for 60 sec., unplug, wait 10 sec, replug, release reset

nothing

one more question

why the f... is there no email address from cisco where i can write to?

i`m neer to the point where one throws its device out of the window

i wish i bought lancom instead

5 Replies 5

Darren DeCroock
Level 4
Level 4

I do not believe that the the (US) support number is down.  The correct number for Small Business Support for the WAP200 is 1-866-606-1866 (US and Canada).

If you are not located in the United States or Canada, you can check here: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

for the correct number.

Some of the call centers, ie. European, are only open during local business hours.

Thank you,

Darren

well,

should have said that the german support number is broken

i am in germany here

sorry for missing that detail

josruiz
Level 1
Level 1

Sir. this is the number that you need to dial in Germany 0800 503 0017, if issues continue, maybe you upload the wrong firmware, in any event just contact our support center in germany, they will be able to replace this unit if is under warraty.

jcvandoorn
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same issue. The AP is not responding to anything and is only  showing the Power and Ethernet LED's. I've tried resetting several  times, but nothing seems to work. Did you ever get your units working  again? If so, can you explain how?

Hi Jeremy,

sorry, but mine was replaced by our local computer part dealer

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: