Views
Helpful
Replies

ICM scripting help

youssef.ahmed
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have enterprise IPCC containing one ICM & two CVPs.

I need to make a simple script as follows:

welcome prompt (concatenated of five separate waves)

if user press one------>goes to 1000

if user press two------->goes to 1001

if user press three------>goes to 1002

if user press four-------->goes to 1003

for repeating the main menu user press #.

I have the following Qs:

1-Does scripting make on ICM itself or CVP.

2-How I can upload wav files to server?

3-How i can upload script to server?

4-how i can add jtapi trigger to the script?

5-How i can concaenate wav files to be heared as if one file when user running script?

I did this many times on express edition IPCC but enterprise not

Any good help guys?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

What is the default directory?  You got an old script, what type of script?  I'm a little slow as i don't fully understand your call flow scenario.

david

View solution in original post

ICM processes route requests based on Dialed Number>Call Type>Routing Script.  All three of these connections have to be in place for the route request to be processed.  It seems you have your dialed number assoction to a call type but the call type isn't associated with a routing script.  In ICM Script Editor you need to go to the Call Type Manager and assign the call type to your routing script

View solution in original post

18 Replies 18

1-Does scripting make on ICM itself or CVP.

It depends, you can do simple things with CVP just using an ICM scirpt and the run external script node.  Please look at the CVP config guide for more information and examples.  If you trully want to use the full capabilities of CVP you will have to use CVP studio to creat VXML applications.

2-How I can upload wav files to server?

You will need a media server, which generally runs on IIS, it's just a folder that keeps all your wav files, usually located in c:\cisco\cvp\mediafiles

3-How i can upload script to server?

What server?

4-how i can add jtapi trigger to the script?

How CVP and IP IVR get a call in from the PSTN are completely different, recommend you check out the CVP SRND.

5-How i can concaenate wav files to be heared as if one file when user running script?

There are a lot of simple tools, Audacity, Goldwave, etc, which will let you do this.

I think you're missing some key concepts about CVP and I strongly suggest to read up on the documentation, it should clear up a lot of things for you.

david

I created a scripy on ICM & put the files on CVP

created call type

created dialed number & associated it with call type

added label list

BUT when trying i got busy not (not fast busy)

what is the problem??

It could be a million things.

Does the call hit the ingress gw?  Does the call hit the right dial peer?  SIP or H323?  Does the call hit CUPS or a CVP call server or GK?  Do you see a request being made to ICM?

david

call scenarion like this:

internal ip phone------>dials 957------>call hits cti route point associated with application user----->route grout points to 2 sip trunks points to 2 CVPs.

The system already installed & running,what i need is to add new script with new trigger (957).

I copied an old running script & renamed it,then saved it to default directory.......the remaining as per my previous post.

Any ideas man...it seems u ve a good idea about it.

Rgds,

Ahmed

What is the default directory?  You got an old script, what type of script?  I'm a little slow as i don't fully understand your call flow scenario.

david

I opened a tool called kaprgra & found the following error:

-No default label available for dialed number 957_CVP_PIM(ID5056)

-Unable to find scheduled script for dialed number 957_CVP_PIM(ID5056) with call type of Test(ID5034)

What are those mean?

Is that related to uploading the script after modifying it to be recognizable to CRS engine (like IPCC Express Edition)?

What do you think?

i also noticed that when i dial other scripts,it dispalys on ip phone lcd random number like "8222228705"

What is this??

ICM processes route requests based on Dialed Number>Call Type>Routing Script.  All three of these connections have to be in place for the route request to be processed.  It seems you have your dialed number assoction to a call type but the call type isn't associated with a routing script.  In ICM Script Editor you need to go to the Call Type Manager and assign the call type to your routing script

dchumbley,you are the man! correct answer,,,,it is working fine now.

thx  for all of you guys for ur help!

i also noticed that when i dial other scripts,it dispalys on ip phone lcd random number like "8222228705"

What is this??

Any ideas gents?

That's most likely the translation route that is being used to send the call from CUCM to CVP. If you look in your Label List you'll probably find them in there.

Cheers,

Nathan

It's a special type of translation route that uses a correlation ID appended to a label.

You will more easily find this label by opening your Network VRU Explorer and examining the label on the CUCM routing client. This label is typically 10 digits long, so it is more likely "8222222222".

You will probably find additional labels on each of the CVP routing clients, normally "8111111111".

The length of the labels must match a configuration on your CVP Call Servers called "DNIS Length". CVP must know exactly where the label ends and the correlation ID begins, so the correlation ID can be extracted.

Regards,

Geoff

Is there specific purpose of such translation rules?

Did we say they were "translation rules"? No we did not. We called them "translation routes".

If a call comes in on one peripheral (ACD, CUCM, IVR) and we want to capture data about this call, and then get the call over to another peripheral with the corresponding data, we do this with a "translation route".

Understanding translation routes is crucial to your development with UCCE. Please take the time to study this in the Cisco documents.

Regards,

Geoff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: