In CCA a VLAN Conflict appears when adding the ESW520 to the Community.
When I choose to resolve it creates a VLAN "90" VLAN Name, "UC560-CUE"
Is this normal or is something wrong happening?
Please advise. Thank you, Paul
The UC560 has a VLAN 90 in order to support Cisco Unity Express, besides VLAN 1, the default data VLAN, and VLAN 100, the voice VLAN. However, here are the important things about your ESW 500 switch configuration:
- Switchports connecting switches to UC560 units and switches to other switches configured with the Switch Smartport role
- Be sure to use the gigabit uplink ports on your ESW switches to connect to the UC560, as the LAN ports on the UC560 are 10/100/1000 ports
- VLAN for untagged packets is set to VLAN 1 (or a user-defined VLAN) and not VLAN 90 or VLAN 100
- VLAN for phones is set to VLAN 100
- Switchports connecting IP phones are configured with the IP Phone + Desktop smartport role
- Switchports connecting desktop computers are configured with the Desktop smartport role