Views
Helpful
Replies

* wildcard on ephone-hunt - problem on dialplan

jefforsi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have CME on 2800 router being used as redundancy/SRST for CUCME 7.1(3).

My dialplan uses * (asterisk) symbol as part of directory number. For example, my directory number is *1132434352. Internally at my site user can dial each other using only the last four digits of directory number but to call someone from another site the user must dial the complete directory number.

In some sites, calls coming from PSTN should be forwarded to a hunt group which broadcast the call to two or more phones. I was able to do that using Hunt Pilot, Hunt List and Line Group on CUCM and works fine.

My problem starts when a site loose his connection to CUCM. At this moment the CME running on the local router takes place and the site phones register itselfs on the CME. Now I want to use a hunt-group of CME to provide a similar solution which I achieved using CUCM, but when I try to define the phones inside the "ephone-hunt x peer" using the "list" command I cannot use the * (asterisk), which is part of directory number, because this character is a reserved wildcard to define a slot for dynamic members on hunt-group.

Any idea how solve it?

Can Cisco change the character used in the "list" command to allow define numbers using *?

Thanks.

Jefferson

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I think you should fix your dialplan instead, that is very wrong in first place.

Hi,

I agree with you that use * on dial plan is not common but I already see in another customer Cisco Professional Services using this configuration so I think "wrong" is not the right word to classify this approach.

Change dialplan is an option but I exactly wants a different way to solve that.

Thanks.

Jefferson

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: