cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Lab suggestions

stevec90
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know of a good list of lab excercises? I have only one router right now waiting for other equiptment. I have done VLAN

s and Etherchannel many times. What else is important that can be done with 4 switches and 1 router? (For practice for real world)?

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Does anyone know of a good list of lab excercises? I have only one router right now waiting for other equiptment. I have done VLAN

s and Etherchannel many times. What else is important that can be done with 4 switches and 1 router? (For practice for real world)?

Hi,

With one router and two switches you can try with PBR configuration testing in router by create loopback address and failover of links when you have two links terminating in single router.

with two switches that depends if you have l2 or l3 if l2 then ether channel ,vtp and switch port security command can be achibved.If the switch is l3 then check the configuration of redundacy protocol like hsrp,vrrp or gslb.

Hope to help

If helpful do rate the post

Ganesh.H

View solution in original post

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

QoS, VACL, rate limiting.

Thanks for the rating.

4 Replies 4

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

With one router and two switches you can try with PBR configuration testing in router by create loopback address and failover of links when you have two links terminating in single router.

with two switches that depends if you have l2 or l3 if l2 then ether channel ,vtp and switch port security command can be achibved.If the switch is l3 then check the configuration of redundacy protocol like hsrp,vrrp or gslb.

Hope to help

If helpful do rate the post

Ganesh.H

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

QoS, VACL, rate limiting.

Thanks for the rating.

stevec90
Level 1
Level 1

Great suggestions, thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card