Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 5.0 Message Store Configuration Wizard fails

arielroza
Level 1
Level 1

People,

I am trying to run the Message Store Configuration Wizard to change the Partnet Exchange Server (both are Exchange 2007)

And I am getting a message that reads "Cannot Install Cisco Unity. This wizard cannot install Cisco Unity because the following reasons:"

Unity (version 5.0 ES82) is running fine, receiving and sending messages, but does not allow me to change the server.

I am attaching the log generated by the setup program.

Has anyone seen anything like it?

5 Replies 5

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

From the log, it appears the Syscheck is failing.  This process runs with the permissions of the unitymsgstoresvc account.  Here are a couple of things to check:

- Have you run the permissions wizard for the new Exchange 2007 server stores?

- Mailbox role is on new Exchange 2007 server.

- You are logged on with the unityinstall account.

- Both Exchange servers are at the same service pack level.

Here is a great link for referral - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/upgrade/guide/ex/5xcuruge050.html#wp1157854

Hope this helps!  Ginger

Ginger,

Thanks, as always, for your prompt reply.

Yes, I have followed the Reconfiguration Guide procedures.

I am thinking about maybe someone revoked my Domain Admins permissions for UnityInstall

Everything else (Permissons Wizard, Exchange Server versions and roles) are ok.

Hi -

Do you have access to Active Directory Users and Computers console?  If so you can check the Security Tab of the unityinstall account.  Once in the console, you need to View - select Advanced Features.  That will give you the Security Tab when you search for the unityinstall account and open the user properties.  Make sure Inheritance is checked as well otherwise the permissions won't get applied to the account.  Something else you can do is to run the Unity permissions wizard in Report only mode.  You can also log onto the Unity server as the unitymsgstoresvc account and run Syscheck to make sure all is well there too!

Sincerely, Ginger

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

It sounds a lot like the issue where if the post installation instructions for the ES applied are not performed, MSCW will not run.  There are several post installation steps that are required after you install an ES.  Make sure you've run the TestWriteableDomainController.exe as well as the DTMF key one.  The readme for the latest posted ES on cisco.com has the instructions of everything that needs to be done.

Hope that helps,

Brad

Brad,

It was indeed related to what you said. I had installed ES73 and later ES82 on the box, and following the readme.txt instructions, I installed the TestWritableDomainController.exe file. BUT it turned out that I had to manually copy the TestWritableDomainController.xml file from the Commserver\Syscheck\ENU\Domain folder to the folder corresponding to the default Unity locale. (Commserver\Syscheck\ESO\Domain, in my case). I spent several hours with my TAC engineer until he realized that. It is not documented anywhere.

Hope this helps someone, in the future.

Thanks to both of you for the assistance.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: