Views
Helpful
Replies

Deploying an ASA5540

HMidkiff
Level 1
Level 1

Hello:

Does anyone know of any good books or resources for configuring and deploying an ASA5540?

I am just starting my planning, configuring and testing.  I built a small test network and I have an ASA5505 to test with.  My goal is to really dig into it and test some of the more advanced features.  VPN's, NAT's, object-groups, IPS, etc....  I have found a lot of configuration guides that show a lot of the basics.   Does anyone know of any good resources?

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Harrison Midkiff

1 Reply 1

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

HMidkiff wrote:

Hello:

Does anyone know of any good books or resources for configuring and deploying an ASA5540?

I am just starting my planning, configuring and testing.  I built a small test network and I have an ASA5505 to test with.  My goal is to really dig into it and test some of the more advanced features.  VPN's, NAT's, object-groups, IPS, etc....  I have found a lot of configuration guides that show a lot of the basics.   Does anyone know of any good resources?

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Harrison Midkiff

Harrison

Not sure what you mean by the basics but the Cisco configuration guides go into a lot of detail on NAT/VPN etc. Have you looked at them ? -

ASA configuration guides

Jon

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card