cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco process when mixing firewall, ACL, QoS, VPN IPSec etc.

qiangwucisco_au
Level 1
Level 1

Recently, I have a question when I prepare a case which implement firewall (such as CBAC or  ZBF), normal ACL, QoS, IPS and IPSec in a single router, for example, on  a particular interface for ingress traffic, how will router process the  traffic according to above setting. That is, what kinds of process order  the router will follow? If you have some information, it is very appreciated.

2 Replies 2

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

qiangwucisco_au wrote:

Recently, I have a question when I prepare a case which implement firewall (such as CBAC or  ZBF), normal ACL, QoS, IPS and IPSec in a single router, for example, on  a particular interface for ingress traffic, how will router process the  traffic according to above setting. That is, what kinds of process order  the router will follow? If you have some information, it is very appreciated.

Have a look at this doc which lists the order of operation of processes on an IOS router -

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk648/tk361/technologies_tech_note09186a0080133ddd.shtml#topic1

Jon

Thanks, Jon. It sounds helpful. I will read it carefully.

Cheers

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card