Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Not able to create a new subcriber in Cisco unity 5 integrated with Exchnage

Hi All,

I m getting the following error, whenever i try to add a new subscriber using Unity SA web page :

"An Unrecognised error 0x80042024 has occured, the administrative limit for this request was exceeded.\x0D\xA. The new subscriber was not successfully added"

Please suggest if you have any solution or any other way to add new subscriber,

Rakesh

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Cisco Unity 4.x with Microsoft Exchange cannot import a new Unity subscriber. When subscribers are added,  the Unrecognised error 0x80044802 has occured. The new subscriber was not succesfully added error message is logged.

http://www.ciscotaccc.com/kaidara-advisor/voice/showcase?case=K81256392

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks Friend,

I found that doc, but I have unity 5, so it may be the permission issue. I need to run permission wizard.

Please suggest Is there any other way to add subscriber in unity except SA Web Page.?

Regards,

Rakesh

You can go two directions with SAweb. You can create the user from SAweb and Unity will create an AD account and mailbox in Exchange for that user. Or you can create a user in AD and create an Exchange mailbox and then Import the Exchange user using SAweb. Do either of these work? There is a possibility that neither will work or only one does. Permissions is probably something to look at for sure, mainly regarding the UnityDirSvc account. Is the UnityDirSvc account running the AvDSAD and AvGlobalCatalog services in the services snap in on Unity? On the user you are trying to import (if you are importing) security tab in their AD properties have the Unity accounts listed as having right to the account? Does teh UnityDirSvc account have rights in the security tab in AD for the OU that users are to be created in (if you are creating from SAweb and not importing)?

Tray

Hi tstoutme

Thanks,

This is my first encounter with Cisco unity, thats why i was confused. Now got a clear idea. is it possible that the unity server don't have rights on that user mail box ? We are having five Unity server in our IPT network service different Exchange server.

I have study the case on Cisco unity 4.x regarding this error and it was suggested there to run permission wizard.  Can we run permission wizard in working hours,  Please suggest.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Rakesh 

You can run the permissions wizard any time really. It doesn't stop any services. Just make sure when the portion comes up that asks what OU(s) in AD, make sure it's the AD OU that contains your unity subscriber accounts.

Thanks!

Tray

aplogy for misspell your name.  Anyways thanks so much for the solution.

Rakesh

No worries. If this fixes your issue, please rate.

Thanks!

Tray