cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

mailing list messages not coming through

billnyhoff
Level 1
Level 1

My email is coming through fine. My mailing list messages say they are queued  but never hit my mail server, an xserv running 1o.4.11.

Any ideas?

3 Replies 3

dzavasni
Level 1
Level 1

Bill,

I trust apple wouldn't help you any further than when we last spoke? Unfortunately since the last message showing up in the blocker's logs are that it has released the mail and it is queued for delivery, this means it has successfully passed the mail off to Postfix. After the blocker hands off the mail there is no means for the blocker to know what happens to it. "queued for delivery" is actually the response Postfix is giving the blocker before the blocker closes the connection.

I noticed your XServ uses Amavis for its virus scanning. Are there any other add-on modules, like spamassassin, that could be intercepting the mail before it hits the Postfix proccess? Perhaps since it is a mail list this is triggering some kind of scrubbing rule. (spamassassin would actually scan during the Postfix proccess, but I know next to nothing about XServ) This is the only other thing I can think of that would be going on.

I solved the mystery. I went to the smpt tab on the blocker and added the mail server ip address to other. All of the backed up mailing list post came through. Thanks for all your time and help. I was going to email you this morning. Still can't get outgoing mail to  go through the blocker. Still trying to find a solution.

Awesome. I didn't realize your mail list was coming from a different IP. This is interesting as the blocker would normally have reported denying it due to relaying of an unknown IP. Either way I'm glad it is sorted. The outbound mail problem still puzzles me since it seems to be bypassing your blocker entirely and we've followed Apple's recommended steps to the tee.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: