upgrade CUCM from 5.1 7.1

Unanswered Question
Feb 10th, 2010

Hi all,

i have a client running CUCM 5.1, we are about to upgrade to 7.1.

- how that could affect the configuaration already deployed in the 5.1 server?.

- do we need a special license for this upgrade?

- after upgrade well we need to re-upload ip phones license units?

thx for all

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Criss Sawyer Thu, 02/11/2010 - 02:49

Thx you for your reply,

Could you please provide us with a little more details about this SW feature license.

Will we need the previous Security Password between nodes provided during the first installation?

finaly how can i get a document wich describe the procedure of this kind of Major Upgrade?

thx for all,

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Tableau Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}

triandi_sugiharto Thu, 09/02/2010 - 05:32

Hello Java,

What if i have old Callmanager cluster running in version 5.1 and then i buy new Callmanager cluster running version 7.1? How to copy the configuration in old Callmanager cluster to new Callmanager cluster? Is it possible if i backup the configuration in old Callmanager cluster then i restore that backup file to the new Callmanager cluster?

Maybe you have another suggestion about the efficient way to move configuration in Callmanager version 5.1 to new Callmanager version 7.1?

Thanks.

STEVE DICKEY Thu, 09/02/2010 - 06:41

To migrate your settings successfully I think you would have to do a series of upgrades.  I do not think you can uprade

5.1 directly to 7.1 although I am not certain of that.  You also would need to confirm compatibility with any other integrated system li

ke Unity, UCCX/IPCC, etc.  You would not be able to backup in 5.1 and restore those settings to 7.1.  Also, the licensing requirements do change so the 7.1 system would need new licensing.

Actions

This Discussion