cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Disable MoH on specific phones

ktran-anet
Level 1
Level 1

Is this possible? I tried to create a new Device Pool with <None> Media Resource Group List. On the device configuration, all MoH fields are also set to <None>, the device is assigned to the pool I just created above. But I can still hear MoH when I press the hold softkey.

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

MRGL is at device and device pool level, there is a 3rd MRGL which is the default one.

If the MOH server DOES NOT belong into a MRG it will be placed there, and is accesible to ALL devices.

Make sure the MOH server BELONGS to a MRG and the MRGL from the phones DOES NOT have thar MRG where MOH resides.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Well, the phones belong to a Device Pool which doesn't contain any MRGL. Also, there are no MOH servers assigned to this Device Pool in my configuration. I'm not showing the 3rd MRGL that you have mentioned about under my MRGL configuration? Where is the default MRGL located?

It doesn't show, that's why you need to assign media resources to a MRG

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I'm still confused. Why would I worry about media resources if I'm not using a MRGL in my device pool? see attached images.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: