Access to SQLCRS database from crystal reports

Unanswered Question
Feb 10th, 2010
User Badges:

Hello

I am trying to create custom reports for ipcc express enhanced through crystal reports.  I cannot connect to the crssql database.  I have created a new account on the IPCC server that will be used for accessing the database, and put it into the administrators group.

When i try and access the database through crystal reports OLE DB (ADO) > Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server I receive an error "login Failed, not associated with a trusted SQL server connection"

I have SQL configured as windows authentication, because when i used mixed mode it caused an error with historical reports.

Can someone help me out with the proper process for providing access to the crssql database?

Thanks

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
tjugoretz Fri, 02/12/2010 - 12:41
User Badges:

The problem with mixed-mode authentication was corrected in 7.0(1) SR4.

When I connecting through Crystal Reports, I first created a user on the UCCX server, then granted it access to the db_cra database. Needed to specify the full path to the database in the server field [server-name]\CRSSQL and the login and password that I created. Under database I specified db_cra.

The custom reporting guide states to use the 'Integrated Security' option, but I was not able to connect that way.

Tom

afischer1 Fri, 02/12/2010 - 13:19
User Badges:

Hi Tom

When you created an account on UCCX did you create it as a windows account or an SQL account?  I am planning to move to UCCX 7 in the near future but unfortunately doesn't help me with creating custom reports on our current version.

Thanks

tjugoretz Mon, 02/15/2010 - 09:16
User Badges:

I created a windows account then gave it rights to the SQL database.

Tom

lohjintiam Wed, 02/17/2010 - 23:51
User Badges:

Hi Tom,

"The problem with mixed-mode authentication was corrected in 7.0(1) SR4" <- what was corrected here? we are now able to see mixed mode authentication after SR4?

Thanks!

-JT-

daljeetsingh1_2 Thu, 02/18/2010 - 03:57
User Badges:

Hi,

Can you check if you have TCP and Named pipes in the trusted connections for SQL client and server both?

It could be the issue here.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Daljeet

afischer1 Mon, 03/01/2010 - 05:25
User Badges:

Thanks for the reply's guys they have been great.  Sorry for the delayed post i was away for the last week.

tjugoretz- How did you assign access to the SQL: database through for the new windows user account?  I want to make sure i get this right.

Thanks

Actions

This Discussion