Let me describe what I'm doing first and then
I'll describe the problem i've encountered.
I'm building out a Test and Dev environment.
I have a pix 535 in the front end...I wanted to be able to remote into the Pix to complete the configuration so i did the following:
1. config'd a phys interface in the admin context
2. turned on ssh
3. turned on icmp
4. created access-group to allow ip any and icmp any
5. configured a private address 192.168.15.x /29 on the interface in the admin context
6. configured a private address on one of my production switches with a corresponding 192.168.15.x /29 address on my router interface.
7. configured local user/password and turned on aaa LOCAL authentication
I can SSH between the switch and the pix while i'm at the switch console, no problem...
However, I remote into my switch from a desktop (my office), and then attempt an ssh session from the switch to the Pix and I get as far as the Pix user mode prompt.
At this point, i can go no further. Its almost like it is locked up...I cant enter any commands...If i let it sit, it will eventually time out..