Views
Helpful
Replies

rps 2300 and 3750v2

markschnabel
Level 4
Level 4

in the v2 data sheet it states

The Cisco Catalyst 3750 v2 Series Switches are capable of reverting to their internal power supply without any service interruption. In addition, the Cisco RPS 2300 can be managed by a Cisco Catalyst 3750 v2 Series Switch that is connected to it.

In the release notes of the rps 2300 it states that a reload could occur, and that only the 3750-E will have no service interruption. Anyone have any updates on this?

thanks

3 Replies 3

CSCO10631105
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

did you get anywhere with your question, the reason I ask I that I have connected an RPS2300 to a 3750V2 and when I pull the mains input there is a short break in traffic flow.  The unit doesnt reboot but seems the hardware switching fabric maybe stops for 1-2 seconds.  This is a big problem for me.

Is there a specific piece of config which needs to be looked at, all I have is a single RPS feeding a single 3750v2.  All of the configurations are default.

Any help appreciated as this seems to be far from seamless as stated in the documentation.

Many thanks,

Hey,

There were many small enhancements made on the V2 3560/3750's.   One such change is how the internal power supply/RPS fails over during a failure, it is now possible in the 3750v2's to fail back to the internal power supply.  This enhancement was "borrowed" from how this works on the 3750-E.

This is stated in the following documentation:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps5528/qa_c67-527785_ps5023_Products_Q_and_A_Item.html

Thanks,

Adam

Hi,

thanks for the reply.  I appreciate what the documentation says, however this doesnt seem to work in practice!  Are there any specific settings to permit this?  Whats wrong with a good old fasioned diode 'OR' arrangement at the DC level!!?

Regards,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card