cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

no more than 2 calls on a 7937 conf phone?

clougher01
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Have got a 7937 on a remote site that cant make more than 2 outbound calls on a 7937 conf phone. We have the same phone and configuration on the main site that can do 6 calls. Any clues as to why this one wont work?

Cucm - 6.1.4

Remote site - 2811 gateway

Thanks,

Taff

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

stowellp
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Taff,

I would hazard a guess that the remote site doesn't have conference resources configured for it. It should need DSP resources to make/receive more than two calls at once as the on-board DSP can only handle two. Is it configured for a MRGL?

Cheers,

Phil

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Hello,

If you goto the Directory Number Configuration of the phone and check under the "Multiple Call/Call Waiting Settings on Device" section

there should be a setting for "Maximum Number of Calls". The value in this text box should determine the Max amount of calls allowed.

I'm using CUCM 7.0.2 but the Directory number configs should be the same. 

Yeah the max number of calls is set to 6 with a busy trigger of 2..

Have you tried to increase the busy trigger? Because the busy trigger is set to 2 the third call will be busy.

Busy trigger is for inbound calls and they are trying to conference in via outbound calls.

I'm assuming you have enough channels available on your gateway ? PRI or FXO ?

Yeah 30 channel pri with heaps spare.

stowellp
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Taff,

I would hazard a guess that the remote site doesn't have conference resources configured for it. It should need DSP resources to make/receive more than two calls at once as the on-board DSP can only handle two. Is it configured for a MRGL?

Cheers,

Phil

Yup you nailed it!

Thanks Phil..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: