Cisco 2811 Pobe

ehsan-khan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am getting the following message while configuring the ip sla,

Router(config)#ip sla 20085

%No memory left to create probes

Would anyone let me know what is the problem?

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

As far as i know it clearly says that you dont have enough free memory to configure the new probe,you might hve either exhausted your memory or utilized by other processes. You need to free up the memory or upgrade the memory.

You can use show processes memory to verify the memory utilized by the processes , also you can use show memory | free | detailed to verify the same.

If its not a critical site and can afford some downtime better to reload the box and check to flush up the memory as well.

regds

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

As far as i know it clearly says that you dont have enough free memory to configure the new probe,you might hve either exhausted your memory or utilized by other processes. You need to free up the memory or upgrade the memory.

You can use show processes memory to verify the memory utilized by the processes , also you can use show memory | free | detailed to verify the same.

If its not a critical site and can afford some downtime better to reload the box and check to flush up the memory as well.

regds

Thanks I have resolved the issue by rebooting the router.

You still have a buggy IOS (memory leak) and need to upgrade it.

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Try reloading the router to begin with.

bapatsubodh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have faced a similar problem ( not exactly ip sla ). even on 7500 series router. ( we can say a higher end router ). There was one process that was

eating up the memory and it was not releasing it back to "free memory".  After we rebooted the router slowly slowly it started eating up the memory upto 95 %. We exactly pointed out the process and raised a TAC with Cisco.  And it was answered immediately as it was a known case with that particular IOS. ( cavets ).  IOS was upgraded and we resolved this problem.  ( Unfortunately this upgraded IOS was with some another issue )

As mentioned in earlier posts. Most likely your problem will get resiloved after you upgrade the IOS in which this "bug" is fixed.

Thanks

Subodh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: