cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV042 and Windows 7 w/ QuickVPN cannot connect

cmc
Level 1
Level 1

I have an RV042 that we are able to access with XP using the QuickVPN client, but now we've added a laptop running 7 Premium 64-bit.  I've downloaded the newest client (1.3.0.3), run it in Compatibility mode (Windows XP, tried both SP2 and SP3), te router status indicates I'm online, but the client gets as far as Verifying Network, then an Info windows appears which states: "The remote gateway is not responding.  Do you want to wait?"

I have also tried the VPN Client built in to Windows with no luck, connection failed with error number 800.

Looking for any assistance with this.  I'm certain its with Windows 7, as the XP boxes have no trouble connecting.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Dan

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Steven Smith
Level 7
Level 7

Quick VPN isn't supported for windows 7 yet.  The 1.4.X.X release will support this and will be released soon.  Sorry, I don't have a date for this.

View solution in original post

josruiz
Level 1
Level 1

Mr. Dan; window 7 still have some issues concerning QUICK VPN, at this time is not supported by window 7 but some times we make work.

My suggestion for you is if you can contact us at 866-606-1866 US/CANADA, we may be able to assist you with this issue.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Steven Smith
Level 7
Level 7

Quick VPN isn't supported for windows 7 yet.  The 1.4.X.X release will support this and will be released soon.  Sorry, I don't have a date for this.

josruiz
Level 1
Level 1

Mr. Dan; window 7 still have some issues concerning QUICK VPN, at this time is not supported by window 7 but some times we make work.

My suggestion for you is if you can contact us at 866-606-1866 US/CANADA, we may be able to assist you with this issue.

Mr. Dan currently the work around for people who have windows 7 trying to use quick vpn is to run it in compatiblity mode using Windows vista w/service pack 2. I hope this will work for you and take care of your problem for now until the next version is released.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: