cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dialogic D240JCT Router Config

zebranutz80
Level 1
Level 1

I need to connect a Nuance Doctor's Dictation Server to our Voice system.  The Dictation Server utilizes a Dialogic D240JCT card.  Our voice system consists of a CallManager 4.1(3) and a h.323 gateway (Cisco 3825 router)  The gateway has multiple PRI circuits handling inbound and outbound traffic.

I have 2 requirements.  1)  Be able to dial a 4 digit extension from our CallManager and reach the Dictation Server.  2)  Be able to call a 10 digit number from outside our facility and dial directly into the Dictation Server. 

I already have the Dialogic card plugged into our router/gateway's T1 VWIC.  I have the controller framing/coding configured per Dialogic's requirements, but the Dialogic board still shows a "RED" light that indicates there is no connections. 

Does anyone have any experience or recommendations to get things communicating?  Once I can get stable link lights between the Dialogic board and router, I will move on to dial-peers and CallManager config. 

Thanks for your help in advance!!!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

buchholr
Level 1
Level 1

I don't know all of the information for your specific implementation.  However, I have worked with these boards in the past.

Please don't feel like I am being patronizing, but when I have issues like this I step back to the basics.

First:  Do you have a the correct cable for this connection.  It should be a RJ48 crossover.  This has the same ends as an RJ45, but is wired as below:

Pin 1 -> Pin 4

Pin 2 -> Pin 5

Pin 4 -> Pin 1

Pin 5 -> Pin 2

Second: make sure the coding and framing match.  Typically on a short span, you connect with B8ZS, ESF.  Also make sure the router is providing timing for the link.

Third: I don't know if you are planning to use T1CAS or PRI, but if it is PRI you need to make sure the ISDN switch type matches between the two systems, and make sure that one us set for network side (probably the router) and the other is user side.

At this point, if  everything matches, you should have a carrier between the two systems, and they should be able to talk.

A running config would help me see what you are trying to accomplish.

Robert

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

buchholr
Level 1
Level 1

I don't know all of the information for your specific implementation.  However, I have worked with these boards in the past.

Please don't feel like I am being patronizing, but when I have issues like this I step back to the basics.

First:  Do you have a the correct cable for this connection.  It should be a RJ48 crossover.  This has the same ends as an RJ45, but is wired as below:

Pin 1 -> Pin 4

Pin 2 -> Pin 5

Pin 4 -> Pin 1

Pin 5 -> Pin 2

Second: make sure the coding and framing match.  Typically on a short span, you connect with B8ZS, ESF.  Also make sure the router is providing timing for the link.

Third: I don't know if you are planning to use T1CAS or PRI, but if it is PRI you need to make sure the ISDN switch type matches between the two systems, and make sure that one us set for network side (probably the router) and the other is user side.

At this point, if  everything matches, you should have a carrier between the two systems, and they should be able to talk.

A running config would help me see what you are trying to accomplish.

Robert

I smacked myself in the forehead after reading your reply.  Thanks for the tip with RJ48.  Much appreciated!!!