Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoView Package for WS-C3750V2-48PS

BlueyVIII
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We've just installed the first (of many) WS-C3750V2-48PS switches in our network but CiscoView is not recognising the device.

Does anyone know which packages I need to install for these to be supported.

We're running LMS3.2, CiscoView 6.1.9, RME 4.3.1 & CS 3.3.0

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You do not have the Cat3750 package installed properly.  You can try copying all of the .zip files from NMSROOT/www/classpath/com/cisco/nm/xms/psu/pkgs/cvw to this directory (with Daemon Manager shutdown).  If the PSU repository is good, then you should be able to see your 3750s in CiscoView again.

View solution in original post

16 Replies 16

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What is the sysObjectID of this switch?

Hi Joe,

I did an SNMPWalk of the switch and the following was returned :-

RFC1213-MIB::sysObjectID.0 = OID: CISCO-PRODUCTS-MIB::catalyst37xxStack

Does this help?

This switch is supported in version 9.0 of the Cat3750 CiscoView package.  You can update your packages from Common Services > Software Center > Device Update.

Thanks for the reply Joe.

I did as you suggested (the previous 3750 package was v8.0), however, now whenever I try and use CiscoView for any 3750 I get the message shown in the attachment. (This included 3750's that used to work perfectly with CiscView)

Any idea's how I can fix this?

What is the sysObjectID of this switch?

I did an SNMP walk on a 3750-24-PS (that used to work fine with CiscoView) and it came back as below.

RFC1213-MIB::sysObjectID.0 = OID: CISCO-PRODUCTS-MIB::catalyst37xxStack

This means that both the 24PS and the V2-48PS have the same ObjectID. Could this be the reason they're not working??? (ie, this SysObjectID not included in the latest package version?

Any help?

It sounds like the package was not installed properly.  How did you install the Cat3750 package?  Did you install the other supporting packages as well (i.e. DtShare)?

Thanks Joe...

I only updated the Cat3750 package (from V8 to v9) by going to Common Services > Software Center > Device Update then using the Cisco.com, choosing CiscoView and then selecting the Cat 3750 package.

Is there anything else I needed to update?

Yes.  You should always install ALL available updates.  If you do another device update for CiscoView, you will note that at least a new package, DtShare needs to be installed.  That package is required for Cat3750 version 9.0.

Hi Joe,

I ran the Device Update again and this time installed All available packages, however, the problem is still occuring.

I've attached the list of packages that I updated and noticed that there isn't one called "dtshare" as you mentioned above (see attached screenshot). I installed all the packages anyway.

Once the installation had completed I ran another check for updates but there are now no updates available.

Any clues?

I cannot reproduce.  Post your cv.log and NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/logs/stdout.log and stderr.log.

Hi Joe,

Logs attached as requested. I last tried CiscoView at 13.28 on 17/2/10 and you can see from cv.log that appears to fail because of an unkown sysobjectID.

Does this help anymore?

Post the list of files under NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/webapps/CVng/WEB-INF/classes/com/cisco/nm/cvw/devpkgs.

As requested Joe.

Thanks alot for your help with this...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: