Views
Helpful
Replies

MobileConnect simultaneous ringing issue H323

bastienmurzeau
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I'm encountering an issue with the MobileConnect feature of CUCM 7.x, more precisely on simultaneous ringing. Extension 8361 is associated with a mobile device :

- Mobile Voice Access is working fine i.e. I can call from the mobile device and my unique identity is presented (fixe line No) - I can also dial internal extension for the mobile device and caller-Id 8361 is presented.

- Extensions can call PSTN No (fixe line and mobile numbers)

When an extension is calling 8361, IP phone rings and the associated mobile is called (call is sent over to the H323 PSTN gateway). The issue is that the call gets disconnected very quickly on the GW for an unknown reason (at least to me ). It does not even ring the mobile. Here is the cause error code returned:

*Feb  9 03:11:10.853: //742/005799B82F00/CCAPI/ccCallDisconnect:
Cause Value=127, Call Entry(Responsed=TRUE, Cause Value=127
)

This call seems to be a normal Extension to PSTN call but something must be slightly different and it doesn't work. For information I can call this associated mobile number from an extension. Moreover if I set up a call forward to this associated mobile number, the call forward works (it rings the mobile device and call is connected properly).

I've attached the full log of the failing call and the gateway's configuration.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Bastien

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

As per Cisco Mobile voice connect feature is only supported with PRI, its not supported on Fxo,

FXS, T1,

Please check  in attached pdf from cisco, page number 30 last paragraph.

Thanks & Regards,

Rakesh

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Hi,

Even i face the same problem when i configured this feature.

please confirm, is your mobile ringing or not ringing at call means call is not coming on your mobile.

dial to the ip phone extension and see on phone for any message.

In my case it was the route partition and calling search space issue, verify again at your side.

Regards,

Rakesh

Hi Rakesh,

Thanks for your reply, mobile does not ring but CUCM tries to establish the call (I can see the call going inside the trunk toward media gateway).

If I call the unique number from the outside: extension rings (no particular message on screen) but associated mobile does not ring.

Any other ideas? Thanks a lot,

Bastien

Hi Bastien,

have you configured mobility softkey on your IP phone, you need to press it to make your IP phone a mobile device.

Just checking the option, and found this, may be you have configured that. Let me know about this.

Regards,

Rakesh

Hi Rakesh,

The mobility softkey template is assigned to the IP Phone (when I press the mobility softkey the phone confirms that MobileConnect is On).

Thanks for your idea but this problem remains... I'm wondering what could be wrong.

Regards,

Bastien

michele.russo
Level 1
Level 1

What happens when you try to send the call to your remote destination from the desk phone?  What message do you see?

Michele

Hi Michele,

Thanks for your reply.

From the desk phone I select mobility and then send to mobile but nothing special appears on the desk phone screen, I'm back to the current call (no error message) but the mobile does not ring.

Regards,

Bastien

Hi ,

Pleaser revert back with the following info :

Have you check rerouting Calling serarch space to connect to remote destination. is it containing the route pattern partition ?
What is the model of IP phone ?
Which Analog connection you have to pstn : is it fxo, FXS, BRI, or T1 CAS?
Do you have available DLU?

Regards,

Rakesh Sabherwal

Also make sure the line association box is checled in the Remote Destination Configuration, that the Owner ID is correctly applied to the phone and 'Device Mobility Mode' is set to ON.

Michele

I've checked rerouting CSS, Owner ID, Device Mobility Mode is set to on,so everything seems fine.

IP phone is 7940 and 4 FXOs are connected on media gateway. I think the problem is coming from the media gateway as the call to the mobile destination gets disconnected at this point, but I have no clue why the MGW disconnects it.

Regards,

Bastien

As per Cisco Mobile voice connect feature is only supported with PRI, its not supported on Fxo,

FXS, T1,

Please check  in attached pdf from cisco, page number 30 last paragraph.

Thanks & Regards,

Rakesh

You seem right, according to this doc FXO is not supported by Cisco

Before configuring MGW with H.323 I used it in SIP mode and this simultaneous feature was working properly. I've reconfigured it with H.323 to support Mobile Voice Access IVR and then simultaneous ringing stop working... very bizarre

Thanks for your help Rakesh I think you unfortunately answered my question.

Bastien

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: