Cisco Supervisor through an ASA firewall

Unanswered Question
Feb 11th, 2010
User Badges:

I am trying to listen to recorded files in Cisco Supervisor Desktop through an ASA firewall. The client desktop is connected through VPN and we have opened all the ports in the CAD port utilization PDF and I can log into the application and see the recorded files, but when I play one I get no audio. Any information would be helpful! Thanks!

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Aditya Vats Thu, 02/11/2010 - 10:07
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

Hi,

windows firewall on supervisor desktop can also lead to same behaviour. make sure your local firwalls is disabled.

also check if you can listen to a live recording.if yes convert the .raw files into .wav files on UCCX C > Program files > cisco > desktop_audio and then try to listen to them.

if no, then try troubleshoot monitoring issues as per the link below. (depending upon type of recording you are using Desktop based or server based)

www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/products_tech_note09186a... (desktop based)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00801a62a8.shtml (server based)

let me know if that works.

Thanks & Regards,

--

Aditya

bsugamele1 Thu, 02/11/2010 - 10:28
User Badges:

Thanks for the reply. We resolved this issue. The problem was within the ASA ACL. It was not allowing bidirectional traffic on the 3 ports that allow the RTP audio stream which are 59014, 59016, and 59018. TAC recommends all ports 59000 through 59030 with bidirectional access for reference.

Actions

This Discussion