cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Personal Communicator not remembering login/server

AGAITDEPTatl
Level 1
Level 1

We just moved from Microsoft Communicator to Cisco Communicator.  All is working fine and well

as far as functionality with the application.  However, there is one user that even with all the boxes checked and whatnot, her username/password/login server will not save.

I removed the application and locally went into user accounts and added her login (domain/username) with Admin rights, logged out and back in as her and re-installed.  In doing that, it appeared to be saving her login.. So I removed what I added locally (admin rights) and logged out and back in as her.  Cisco communicator popped up as it was supposed to, but the login disappeard... no username/password or login server.  I entered them once more, then exited out of communicator and back in and they were once again gone.

Most users are not set with admin rights, and out of all of them, she is the only one with this issue.

Any ideas, suggestions....?

Thanks,

Steve Schaub

IT Analyst

Atlanta Gastroenterology Assoc.

Atlanta, GA

4 Replies 4

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This information is stored in an XML file within the user's directory. This behavior would suggest that he/she does not have write access to that folder or the files. The files are stored in %APPDATA%\Cisco\Unified Personal Communicator. Check to see what you find there.

That appears to have fixed it.  Thanks

I have a user experiencing a similar issue. However, the username, password and login server information does not always disappear. It only happens intermittently, seemingly without any discernable pattern.

I attempted the solution that you stated, but the person had write permissions to the folder. Do you have any other tips for this?

Thank you.

Hi Samuel,

I have quite the same issue here. Did you resolved it?

My problem is only the server is saved on some users including local admins.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: