cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Use CW to shutdown unused ports?

rtjensen4
Level 4
Level 4

Is there a way to have CW (LMS 3.2) shutdown ports that have been inactive for X number of days? I know Campus Manager has the "Reclaim Unused ports UP" where I can enter a number of days and it will give me a list of all the ports that have been unused and are in Admin status of UP, but I'd like to apply that report to shutting down those ports.

Any thoughts?

I could run the above mentioned report and then create a netconfig job for each switch, but that could get annoying if I have to do a large number of switches.

In regards to the reports from Campus manager, is that data gathered from the periodic data collections? How can I tell if CM was able to successfully collect the data?

Appreciate any help. Thanks!

1 Reply 1

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, Campus Manager cannot automatically shutdown unused up ports.  Doing a Netconfig job would work, but as you said, it could get tedious.  The data for these reports is built from User Tracking acquisition data.  You can always check to see if an acquisition completed, but checking the Campus Manager homepage.  Check the last completion date, and make sure it corresponds with a recently scheduled UT acquisition.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: