Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot access Group Admin from Common Services

dmistry21
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I'm having problems accessing Group Admin from Common Services on LMS 3.1 even after restarting CW daemon.

The server has not been rebooted yet.

When clicking on group I get the message:

"Error in communicating with Group Administration Server.  It may be down or not yet up.  Please make sure the Group administration Server is up and running, then refresh the page".

When trying to restart the DCRServer process I get the following message:

{cmfDbMonitor} : Cannot connect to 'cmf' database, please contact your system administrator.

This is also the message I get when trying to start the cmfDbMonitor process.

Running PDshow I get ERROR: GetReply failed:

The DCRclient.log states the following:

[ Fri Feb 12 10:51:29 GMT 2010 ] [TP-Processor2] FATAL com.cisco.nm.dcr.DCRSystem - Unable to Instantiate DCRDataManagement ObjectJZ006: Caught IOException: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect

java.sql.SQLException: JZ006: Caught IOException: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect

at com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.ErrorMessage.raiseError(ErrorMessage.java:556)

at com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.ErrorMessage.raiseErrorCheckDead(ErrorMessage.java:860)

at com.sybase.jdbc2.tds.Tds.handleIOE(Tds.java:3971)

at com.sybase.jdbc2.tds.Tds.handleIOE(Tds.java:3916)

at com.sybase.jdbc2.tds.Tds.login(Tds.java:438)

at com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybConnection.tryLogin(SybConnection.java:254)

at com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybConnection.regularConnect(SybConnection.java:230)

at com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybConnection.<init>(SybConnection.java:200)

at com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybConnection.<init>(SybConnection.java:134)

at com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybDriver.connect(SybDriver.java:179)

at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:525)

at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:140)

at com.cisco.nm.cmf.dbservice2.DBConnection.<init>(DBConnection.java:223)

at com.cisco.nm.cmf.dbservice2.DBConnection.<init>(DBConnection.java:107)

at com.cisco.nm.cmf.dbservice2.DBUtil.getDBConnection(DBUtil.java:29)

at com.cisco.nm.dcr.DCRDatabaseAccess.createConnection(Unknown Source)

at com.cisco.nm.dcr.DCRDatabaseAccess.<init>(Unknown Source)

at com.cisco.nm.dcr.DCRDataManagement.<init>(Unknown Source)

at com.cisco.nm.dcr.DCRSystem.initializeSubSystems(Unknown Source)

at com.cisco.nm.dcr.DCRSystem.<init>(Unknown Source)

at com.cisco.nm.dcr.DCRSystem.getInstance_DIRECT_ACCESS(Unknown Source)

at com.cisco.nm.dcr.DCRProxy.createDirectDCRProxy(Unknown Source)

at com.cisco.nm.dcr.DCRProxy.enableDirectAccess(Unknown Source)

at com.cisco.nm.dcr.DCRProxy.<init>(Unknown Source)

at com.cisco.nm.cmf.home.util.CSHPUtil.getDCRProxy(Unknown Source)

at com.cisco.nm.cmf.home.util.CSHPUtil.getDCRStatus(Unknown Source)

at com.cisco.nm.cmf.home.uii.action.CSHPAction.perform(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.processActionPerform(ActionServlet.java:1786)

at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1585)

at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:491)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:689)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)

at com.cisco.nm.cmf.util.AccessLogFilter.doFilter(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126)

at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:105)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)

at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:148)

at org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler.invoke(JkCoyoteHandler.java:199)

at org.apache.jk.common.HandlerRequest.invoke(HandlerRequest.java:282)

at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.invoke(ChannelSocket.java:754)

at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.processConnection(ChannelSocket.java:684)

at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket$SocketConnection.runIt(ChannelSocket.java:876)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Should I reboot the server and if so do I need to start processes in a certain order ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, this looks good.  From the previous error, it appears the CmfDbEngine process had crashed.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Post the output of the pdshow command and the output of the command "netstat -a -n -o -b".

Hi

I did reboot the LMS server in the end which has corrected the running state of the processes and also now allows me to access the Group Admin processes.  Think the server may not have been in a correct running state.

I've attached the pdshow command and netstat commands anyway which should show all is running ok.

Many Thanks

Yes, this looks good.  From the previous error, it appears the CmfDbEngine process had crashed.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: