System generated certificate expired - CISCO 2000 WLC

Unanswered Question

Above installed by 3rd party over 2 years ago. Users are now getting "problem with web sites security certifcate" reported each time they logon. As far as I can see there seems to have been a self generated certificate at initial installation. This lasted for 2 years and I can see that it has now expired which accounts for the error message. How do I extend the expiration date of the self generated certificate please?

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Hi,

Many thanks for your reply. My interface differs to the one shown in your doc. However, I have got to a screen that gives me the choice to re-generate (screenshot attached). Can you tell me if this is the correct screen please? Also there is no option to delete the old certificate? Does that matter? Will a re-generate and save followed by a reboot work?

Kind Regards

Rob

sschmidt Fri, 02/12/2010 - 07:48
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

You can do it from the GUI with a regenerate, apply and reboot yes.  I just tested it in the lab to make sure.

sschmidt Mon, 02/15/2010 - 10:31
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

I think I pointed you to the wrong one.  Try Management > HTTP > Regenerate Certificate.  That will fix the admin login cert.  The other is for webauth.

sschmidt Tue, 02/16/2010 - 06:34
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

How about doing it from the cli?

(nms-wlc2106) >config certificate generate webadmin

Creating a certificate may take some time. Do you wish to continue? (y/n) y
Web Administration certificate has been generated

(nms-wlc2106) >save config

Are you sure you want to save? (y/n) y
Configuration Saved!

(nms-wlc2106) >reset system
Are you sure you would like to reset the system? (y/N) y

Hi,

I followed the instructions as below and got the message to confirm that a new certificate had been generated. However, when I login I still get the security warning. Is there something else I need to do on my Windows server to import the new certificate please? Certificate services has never run from this server.

Many thanks

Rob Simmonds

Actions

This Discussion

Trending Topics - Security & Network