cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

System generated certificate expired - CISCO 2000 WLC

rob.simmonds
Level 1
Level 1

Above installed by 3rd party over 2 years ago. Users are now getting "problem with web sites security certifcate" reported each time they logon. As far as I can see there seems to have been a self generated certificate at initial installation. This lasted for 2 years and I can see that it has now expired which accounts for the error message. How do I extend the expiration date of the self generated certificate please?

8 Replies 8

sschmidt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Many thanks for your reply. My interface differs to the one shown in your doc. However, I have got to a screen that gives me the choice to re-generate (screenshot attached). Can you tell me if this is the correct screen please? Also there is no option to delete the old certificate? Does that matter? Will a re-generate and save followed by a reboot work?

Kind Regards

Rob

You can do it from the GUI with a regenerate, apply and reboot yes.  I just tested it in the lab to make sure.

Unfortunately this made no difference to me. Any other ideas?

I think I pointed you to the wrong one.  Try Management > HTTP > Regenerate Certificate.  That will fix the admin login cert.  The other is for webauth.

Hi,

Unfortunately the interface doesn't appear to have the Management option on the top menu even though I'm logging on as root. See screen shot attached. Any ideas which would be the correct option please?

Many thanks

Rob

How about doing it from the cli?

(nms-wlc2106) >config certificate generate webadmin

Creating a certificate may take some time. Do you wish to continue? (y/n) y
Web Administration certificate has been generated

(nms-wlc2106) >save config

Are you sure you want to save? (y/n) y
Configuration Saved!

(nms-wlc2106) >reset system
Are you sure you would like to reset the system? (y/N) y

Hi,

I followed the instructions as below and got the message to confirm that a new certificate had been generated. However, when I login I still get the security warning. Is there something else I need to do on my Windows server to import the new certificate please? Certificate services has never run from this server.

Many thanks

Rob Simmonds

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: