Views
Helpful
Replies

MGCP Unregistered

Inaki Kortazar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a 2801 router and want to configure it for using QSIG. I am using MGCP. I tried a lots configurations in order to get the endpoints (VWIC2-1MFT-T1/E1) registered. But, I still see them unregistered on the call Manager (device --> Gateway).

But, if I make a "show ccm-manager hosts" I get the following message:

MU-GW-2801#sh ccm-manager host
MGCP Domain Name: MU-GW-2801
Priority        Status                   Host
============================================================
Primary         Registered               172.17.7.5
First Backup    None                    
Second Backup   None

It says registered. I do not know what am I missing. When I synchronize the gateway with the CUCM, the ".cnf.xml" is downloaded to the gateway and lots of lines are added to the running-config. But, it still says unregistered endpoints in the CUCM.

Any idea on what am I missing?

Thanks in advance,

BAGAZ

7 Replies 7

Inaki Kortazar
Level 1
Level 1

Could it be because I haven't got the PRI terminated and it should be up to complete the registration? It appears as registrated under "Show ccm-manager"...

THANK YOU

BAGAZ

jleehawkins
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Here are a few things to try.

no mgcp

no mgcp bind control

no mgcp bind media

Serial x/x:23

no isdn bind-l3 ccm

isdn bind-l3 ccm

exit

mgcp bind control source [int]

mgcp bind media source [int]

mgcp

Jason

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi BAGAZ,

You hit the nail on the head my friend. The "Endpoints" will not

register until the PRI has been connected and Layer 1 connectivity

is established

Cheers!

Rob

Thank you very much for your help!

So I will wait until I have the primary to connect it and see if the endpoints register in CUCM.

BAGAZ

Hello Rob,

I think CUCM and Router are only about layer 3 relative. The CUCM  backhaul the layer 3 info from router. The router will transfer the info  of L1 and L2 back to the CUCM for it to make a decision. Even the  router doesn't have L1 connectivity, it can still register with CUCM.

I did a lab today. I found the CUCM can register with my E1 PRI even the router 's isdn's layer 1 status is deactivated.  So I think that means the layer 1 connectivity is not established.  Does that mean my lab and your words has conflicts? Or I just misunderstand what you were trying to say?

Thank you.

William

I have same issue with BAGAZ. In my lab, I don't have any E1 cables. So, the controller is down. In the CUCM shows unregistered. The gateway is ok.

BAGAZ have any updates after your E1 was activated.

Thanks,

Thuc

Hi Thuc,

You can try physically shot the E1 pairs [1,2 - 4,5, 1 with 4 and 2 with 5] and controller would come UP.

MGCP would show registered in CUCM.

regds,

aman

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: