Cannot find sgn.iso CUCM 7 upgrade file on disc.

Unanswered Question

I'd like to do my CUCM 6.x to 7.x upgrade remotely. I have the upgrade disc (CUCM upgrade from 6.x to 7.1(3b)); however, if I try to do the upgrade from ftp or sFTP, no valid upgrade files can be found. If I place the disc into the CUCM server, it is found immediately. I've referenced the below doc and tried to setup my sFTP server via /  and let it scan the disc (I tell my FTP server to include sub-directories), but it looks like Windows or the sFTP software won't let CUCM CWD (as seen on sniffer). If I try to search the disc for UCSInstall_UCOS_7.1.3, it can't be found....I assume it's TARed, or GZ and that is why I can't find it, but when I look for TAR or GZ files, I don't see anything that looks like the install file, and therefore, where exactly I should point my FTP server to. In summary, (since the Cisco doc doesn' say where the path is on the disc), where should I point my FTP server directory to, in order to upgrade remotely?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/cucos/7_0_1/cucos/iptpch7.html#wp1108673

THANKS!

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Tommer Catlin Fri, 02/12/2010 - 10:20

I never have luck with the CD file.  I usually download what I need from CCO and use my SFTP server to upgrade the server.

Plus, whatever file you are using on the disc is probably out of date and you should use a newer ISO file from CCO.

It really just looks for the sgn.iso file.   If its in some sub folder, etc, it will not find it.

I use minicore SFTP server.  Its an exe file I put on my XP machine and then point it to the directory where i have the SGN file is for the upgrade.

I create a simple username and password.

Directory is / (I believe forward slash, CUCM will bark if not.)

SFTP is port 22

Point to the SFTP server (IP of XP machine)

dont worry about the file name.  It will scan and look for all SGN files.   If the file is named wrong, it will not work either.  It has to be named the same as it was downloaded.

Actions

This Discussion