Outbound campaign, how to capture the imported data?

Unanswered Question
Feb 12th, 2010

Hi All;

I have IPCC enterprise version 7.2, I am trying really get a benifit from the data in the list that we import it to be used for the outbound, but until now I do know how?

If the data was the subscriber_no and the agent_id in the following format (inside the text file that we import it to be used for the outbound):

99849467,m00189

99823334,m00180

Now, how can read the agent_id (m00189 or the m00180) in the routed script, so based on it I can route for the proper agent?

What the element I have to use in the script to be able to read this data from the database? How?

Any help?

Regards

Bilal

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 4 (1 ratings)
Edward Umansky Fri, 02/12/2010 - 16:21

It is not possible to access custom import fields directly from an ICM script or the CTI data. The only fields you can capture are the built-in data fields: AccountNumber, LastName/FirstName, the number that was dialed, and the name of the campaign. The purpose of the custom fields is to allow you to filter the records using a Query Rule.

To give you a complete answer on how to route to specific agents, I would need to know which type of campaign you are trying to run, an IVR-based campaign or an agent-based campaign?

bilalghayad Fri, 02/12/2010 - 23:59

Thanks a lot for your kindly help and reply.

I am using an Agent based campaign, but if the IVR based campaign is helping me, please let me know how? But how this route can be based on a variables and paramters that usually will be related to each telephone number and usually it is in the database or in the import list?

From the other side, in the outbound campaign (in the routed script): can I use the element gateway to do an ODBC query (by passing the telephone number for a store procedure and returning the needed variables from this store procedure)? So based on the return variables (prepheral variables or expanded variables), I can take a decision to route to where?

Actually in the IPCC Enterprise, it was not possible to use the Gateway Element in the routed script for the outbound, but I heared that it is possible in IPCC Enterprise version 7, so any news?

Your kindly help is high appreciated.

Regards

Bilal

Edward Umansky Sat, 02/13/2010 - 00:16

You can't do anything useful with custom data in your ICM script if you are running an agent-based campaign. The only way you can retrieve custom data with agent-based campaign is with a customized ctios client, and that applies only after the call has been routed to an agent.

If you use an IVR-based campaign, the customer call is transferred to a script with all the built-in call data attached, so you could do database lookups same as any other inbound call. Caveat is that IVR campaigns are not aware of agent availability, they just dial out blindly depending on how many ports you configured.

Another option that may work for you is the Personal Callback table. Personal callback records are preview mode calls scheduled to specific agents. You should review the outbound user and configuration guides to understand how to configure and work with the personal callback function. As far as I know, you should be able to insert records into that table manually as long as you follow the guidelines.

bilalghayad Sat, 02/13/2010 - 01:23

Thanks a lot.

One last point:

In the agent based campaign: do  u have any idea if I can use the "Gateway" element in the routed script? Will it takes an input parameter and return a variables (prepheral variables and expanded variables)?

Your kindly help is high appreciated.

Regards

Bilal

Not really. When you configured your agent-based outbound campaign, one of the things you specified is the associated skill group. The associated routing script that sends the reservation call just wants to use this skill group. It controls the agents, understands when it can place calls based on the number of free agents and the over-dialing specifications you set in the campaign.

Please explain, at a higher level, what is it you are really wanting to do?

Regards,

Geoff

fabien.damien Tue, 07/27/2010 - 01:35

Hello Ed,

i'm not even able to capture either Account number, or BAbuddy name during reservation call.

Your feedback is much appreciated,

Edward Umansky Tue, 07/27/2010 - 08:18

Where are you trying to capture it? You will not be able to capture any outbound call data in the reservation ICM script, nothing will be there, there is no way around this. You can only capture it at the CTIOS client level after the res call is delivered to an agent.

fabien.damien Tue, 07/27/2010 - 08:23

Hi Ed,

what a strange limitation, how one would be able to route to specific skill groups in a certain campaign?

THanks for the feedback,

Edward Umansky Tue, 07/27/2010 - 08:29

It seems odd at first but when you examine it you see it is not arbitrary. If you are running Predictive or Progressive, it should be clear that each reservation call corresponds to multiple customer calls, so you couldn't possibly have the data in the res script before any customer calls have been made. In Preview mode you would think you get around this limitation, but remember that agents have a "Skip" button where they can request a different customer record without dropping the res call. This means even in Preview mode a single reservation call could correspond to more than one customer call. In general, the dialer isn't even selecting customer records until the reservation call is answered by an agent. This is important if you are say, queuing that reservation call. We wouldn't want it to work otherwise.

If you have a specific set of calls that need to go to a specific set of agents, then simply configure that as a separate campaign.

fabien.damien Tue, 07/27/2010 - 09:34

Friends,

i have configured different campaigns for different outbound services, but what i want is to route calls based on language. Configuring campaigns for arabic english will double the number of campaigns and for me looks primitive...

i have configured different campaigns for different outbound services, but what i want is to route calls based on language. Configuring campaigns for arabic english will double the number of campaigns and for me looks primitive...

But the customers are either one language or the other. Hence you have a list of customers for whom you need an Arabic speaking agent and a list of customers for whom you need an English speaking agent.

Two lists, two imports, two campaigns, two skill groups - seems OK to me.

Regards,

Geoff

Edward Umansky Tue, 07/27/2010 - 11:41

If you wanted to use a single import file and split it up via query rules that is also an option, but you would still need the separate campaigns.

fabien.damien Tue, 07/27/2010 - 12:53

Thanks for the replies...it seems that the only way is to configure one campaign for each language. However i was thinking why do we have the option to configure many skill group per campaign. If more than one are configured how does the distribution happen between the two.....

Actions

This Discussion