Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 7.1 - Customized Directory

p.holley
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

In CUCME you can create an XML file and use it for Local Speed Dial. How do I acheive this in CUCM 7.1? I have a customer that wants local Speed dials common to all users in a department. Can I use the same XML files I have for CUCME, How do I get it to appear on the phone?

Thanks

7 Replies 7

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

There is no custom directory in CUCM.   You will have to build a custom XML file and point it to a web server that has the directory you want to use.   If its common "speed dials" you can simply add this into the corporate directory.  I have done this.

Or if they are really speed dials, you can use translations.

Neal haas
Level 3
Level 3

P.Holey have you been able to complete this?

I have setup IIS and included a XML file, but I get a Parse Error.

This is my Directory Title
  Give Me A Prompt

Neal Haas

What is the correct XML file, or is there anything else that I need?

Hi Neal

Your XML is a bit to cock - it's valid in XML terms, but not valid in Cisco XML API terms.

A correct directory object would be:

This is my Directory Title
  Give Me A Prompt

Neal Haas

1) The extra bits I've removed (, ) are different XML objects completely. You can't mix them.

2) You had a lower case P on 'Prompt' - the phones are very sensitive to things like that.

More info:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/all_models/xsi/5_1/english/programming/guide/ip5_1ch2.html#wp1033491

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thanks, Helped alot. By no means am I an XML expert.

Now I just need to find: pull phone info into .NET

Hi

I guess you mean phone number info?

And where from?

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Yes phone number (or MAC), when a user goes into a Service, I want to provide the user

information based off of there phone number.

Neal

this  would be the solution for my case?

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3137563#3137563

Cheers
Bruno Rangel
Please remember to rate helpful responses using the star bellow and identify helpful or correct answers
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: