Views
Helpful
Replies

1121 Stand alone AP WPA2 config guide

cventici
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am trying to upgrade a stand alone 1121 AP's (bridging, not controlled by a WLC) security config from WEP to WPA2.

I found this guide for the 1310...

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a008054339e.shtml

But this 1121 menus do not match and I can not find one after a good hour of searching. Does anyone know where I can find a config guide for it?

Thank you!

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What IOS version do you have?

Have you tried using the CLI?

12.2(13)JA4

I have cli access as well if needed but would still need a config guide as I am not familiar with these devices.

Thank you.

I recommend you try configuring using CLI.  Unfortunately the business units that are responsible for updating outdated documents have been doing a "bang-up" job.  If you are able to successfully configure WPA2, then I recommend you rate that page appropriately so they (the Cisco business unit) can update the documents.

I see that I can use Migration mode to have both WEP and WPA on the same AP.

I further see that I can use mixed mode so that I have both WPA and WPA2 at the same time.

Does anyone know if I can use both tools to have all 3 encryption types at the same time?

Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: