cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP4410N unable to connect to the wirelss network!!!!!!!!

ahmed-naguib
Level 1
Level 1

I have a problem with the access point WAP 4410n.we implent this access point in a 20 floors tower and roaming applied per floor with the same SSID and WEP key.

all the tenants in the tower complaining that they are able to connect to the wireless network. i tried to update the firmware to 2.0.1.0 and chaned the configuration many times but this dosen't help to solve the problem.

also i did factory defult rest to the 80 access points , after that it works for a couple of hours then it stopped again.

Nothing in the log file shows why the users unable to connect to the WLAN

also i tried for one access point to work as a stand alone access point and i have the same problem with it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dose anyone have this problem before?!!

Can anybody help in this case?!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 Replies 3

jasbryan
Level 6
Level 6

So you have  80 access points in a 20 floor tower. What is the topology of your network ? What are your configuration on the access points in the building ? Please post more detailed information of your network including subnet,routers,topology,ip address of the device,etc.

Thanks,

Jason

Hello,

Project description:
We have 80 APs to cover 20 floors tower as 4 access points per floor.

Configuration sample:
Roaming applied in each floor( the same SSID and WEP key per each floor). Each access point use a different channel not to overlap.

The problem :
The tenants in the tower complaining of losing the ability to connect to the wireless network, even if they have full signal . They get the message (unable to connect to the network).

Troubleshooting :
Update the access points Firmware to the latest version (2.0.1.0)
We checked the access points logs and there are no logs for unsuccessful attempts to connect to the wireless network. However, the connection is still un-successful.

Attached is a configuration file from one AP.

We have an advice to force the ethernet speed to be 100 m.b and to set the channel selection to be Auto insted of doing it manually.

But still have the same senario.