Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 5000 factory Default problem

NAVIN PARWAL
Level 2
Level 2

Folks,

The issue is that in a Nexus 5000 switch, when I do a write erase, it does not bring the switch to the default state.

I have been manually removing snmp and AAA commands and then doing wr erasr to bring the switch to the factory default state.

Has anyone faced this issue, I suspect it is a Bug.

Thanks,

Parwal

3 Replies 3

Lucien Avramov
Level 10
Level 10

What version of NX-OS are you running?

You need to issue the wr erase command and refuse to save changes when prompted for prior to reload.

I have had the same experience, when write erase and reload

( 60 seconds later) does not default the box, it comes up

with configuration entries.  ver 4.1.3.N2.1  again snmp entries deleted.  There is no prompt upon reload to save or not save current configuration

Got two new boxes that I am thoroughly impressed with. What am I missing? I want to reset Ethernet interfaces to default status as in IOS: (config)# default interface f0/1 <cr>. I've search command reference syntax high and low. I've learned more of the CLI trying to find something that would return an interface configuration to its default. Which is good but... I do not trust issuing a set of 'no' prefixes to configuration lines. That is not smart in IOS and I suspect not in NX-OS also.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: