Views
Helpful
Replies

NEED HELP SETTING UP MY CISCO 1812

Roshan8484
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Here is my current setting. I get a static IP from my ISP (PPPoE connection). I have a modem that authenicates the connection and thats it. I want to configure my Cisco 1812 to handle all the routing. How do I go about setting this up. I do not need my cisco router to handle the PPPoE connection as my ISP modem already handles this. The modem is set correctly because I tested it on another old netgear router and it works fine. I just dont know how to setup the cisco 1812. I will handle firewalls later.

I want to setup the fast ethernet 0 with the connection

I have a static IP of XX.XX.XX.10

I want to have a VLAN1 of 192.168.1.1----192.168.1.254

Please assist

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi All,

Here is my current setting. I get a static IP from my ISP (PPPoE connection). I have a modem that authenicates the connection and thats it. I want to configure my Cisco 1812 to handle all the routing. How do I go about setting this up. I do not need my cisco router to handle the PPPoE connection as my ISP modem already handles this. The modem is set correctly because I tested it on another old netgear router and it works fine. I just dont know how to setup the cisco 1812. I will handle firewalls later.

I want to setup the fast ethernet 0 with the connection

I have a static IP of XX.XX.XX.10

I want to have a VLAN1 of 192.168.1.1----192.168.1.254

Please assist

Thanks

Hi ,

Check out the below link for basic configuration of router 1812

http://eent3.sbu.ac.uk/staff/xiaop/DSI/lab/NetworkLab2.pdf

Hope to help !!

If helpful do rate the post

Ganesh.H

This did not help, and other suggestions. Please help.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card