Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.2 & HUM 1.2

aviyoshi10
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I need to install lms 1500 devices lic & HUM 1000 devices lic. as i read, i understand that i cannot install these two applicationes on the same server.

my question is this,

if i want to install the HUM in a standalone server, i need CiscoWorks Common Services, LMS Portal, and CiscoWorks Assistant for it to work.

can i use the CiscoWorks Common Services, LMS Portal, and CiscoWorks Assistant from the LMS DVD i already got without purchasing additional lms DVD with LIC ?

thanks,

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If all you want to manage is 1500 devices, you can put LMS and HUM on the same server.  However, you'll get better performance if you separate the two.  You will not need multiple licenses to do so.  Common Services is unlicnesed.  You can install as many instances of it as you need.

Jo,

In relation to this would you recommned all installs split LMS and HUM for performance ?

Or is there a lower limit of 300 Licneces ok ?

Does this mean two web sites or can it all be controlled via one ?

Thanks

Ian

The 300 license is fine with one server.  But if you are going to manage 1000 or more devices, then two servers will definitely help wi

th performance.  Yes, you would have two CiscoWorks web interfaces, but you could integrate the servers, and create a common portal to control most aspects of both servers.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: