Outbound dialing with a prefix, to be able to control the caller ID

Answered Question
Feb 15th, 2010

Hi List;

I need to control the prefix of the outbound call, as based on this prefix I will be able to set the caller ID at the gateway, this caller ID will be the appeared number at the destination (customer) mobile. From where to determine this prefix?

There are two places in the campaign settings, and I am not able to know which one to be used:

1) From the Oubtound Option Campaign - Campaign General, there is Campaign prefix digits: is it this?

Or:

2) From the Dialer, there is something called Dial Prefix, is it this?

What are the difference between them?

Regards

Bilal

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by chris.warren about 6 years 9 months ago

It depends on how you have your Partitions and CSS setup.

The CSS on the device (dialer phone) needs to include the partition_jtapi Partition. How are your CSS configured on your Device and DN? I like to set routes on the device CSS and only apply restrictions to the DN CSS.

You can test by creating an IP phone that is configured identically to the dialer phone (30VIP). Configure the Device and DN CSS just like the dialer phone and place test calls. We don't use the blended agent, so I cannot comment on that. If you are just attempting to change your outbound caller ID, then I would do it with a Route Pattern/Route List

Correct Answer by chris.warren about 6 years 9 months ago

Your Route Pattern is going to have to match what is being dialed, so if you prefix digits then you will need to include them.

Another way to do this is to create a seperate Partition for the dialer ports. Then, create a Route Pattern in that Partition and set the Caller ID on the Route pattern or Route List. This way, you will not have to prefix the call with extra digits and can control the Caller ID from CallManager.

Correct Answer by Nathan Luk about 6 years 9 months ago

Hi Bilal,

Use the Campaign prefix digits to do what you are after. The Dialer Dial Prefix is generally what the dialer dials for every external call before the actual phone number (usually this is like 0 for an outside line). The campaign prefix allow you to on a per campaign basis, prefix a number that the dialler dials before the number, this way you can then setup route patterns to pick this up, and transform the CLI before routing the call.

Cheers,

Nathan

Overall Rating: 5 (3 ratings)
Correct Answer
Nathan Luk Mon, 02/15/2010 - 23:48

Hi Bilal,

Use the Campaign prefix digits to do what you are after. The Dialer Dial Prefix is generally what the dialer dials for every external call before the actual phone number (usually this is like 0 for an outside line). The campaign prefix allow you to on a per campaign basis, prefix a number that the dialler dials before the number, this way you can then setup route patterns to pick this up, and transform the CLI before routing the call.

Cheers,

Nathan

bilalghayad Tue, 02/16/2010 - 01:18

Thanks a lot.

For the campaign prefix, do I have to do any call manager configuration? Where? And at the voice gateway, any thing need to be done?

Your kindly help is high appreciated.

Regards

Bilal

Correct Answer
chris.warren Tue, 02/16/2010 - 05:39

Your Route Pattern is going to have to match what is being dialed, so if you prefix digits then you will need to include them.

Another way to do this is to create a seperate Partition for the dialer ports. Then, create a Route Pattern in that Partition and set the Caller ID on the Route pattern or Route List. This way, you will not have to prefix the call with extra digits and can control the Caller ID from CallManager.

bilalghayad Tue, 02/16/2010 - 06:12

Regarding to the route pattern:

I added two route patterns, one for 931.XXXXXXXX and one for 932.XXXXXXXX and that was for the parition name: "partition_jtapi" and for the associated device IPCC_VG. But still when we click on the accept (at the blended agent), the call is not processed "look like is disconnected".

Now, how I got to know that the dialer ports are located in the right parition named partition_jtapi, from the call manager, from the Phone, I did a search on the some of the extensions that are added in the dialer (as 6637, 6638, ...) and I was find that they are in the parition called "parition_jtapi", so based on that I was making the routing pattern for the 931.XXXXXXXX and 932.XXXXXXXX to be parition_jtapi.

Could it be a problem related to the associated device IPCC_VG? How can I know which associated device to be used for those route pattern?

By the way, the same route pattern is working fine for the IP Phones (if we make a call from the IP Phone with 931XXXXXXXX or 932XXXXXXXX), then it is working fine, but the dialer is not working fine.

What could be the reason for this problem? Is it something related to calling search space?

Looking to hear from you.

Regards

Bilal

Correct Answer
chris.warren Tue, 02/16/2010 - 08:45

It depends on how you have your Partitions and CSS setup.

The CSS on the device (dialer phone) needs to include the partition_jtapi Partition. How are your CSS configured on your Device and DN? I like to set routes on the device CSS and only apply restrictions to the DN CSS.

You can test by creating an IP phone that is configured identically to the dialer phone (30VIP). Configure the Device and DN CSS just like the dialer phone and place test calls. We don't use the blended agent, so I cannot comment on that. If you are just attempting to change your outbound caller ID, then I would do it with a Route Pattern/Route List

bilalghayad Tue, 02/16/2010 - 11:32

Thanks for the effort and nice support and guiding us.

Why I am not using the Route Pattern/Route List? Because: I need each campaign to have its own Caller ID, and not all the campaign will outbound with the same Caller ID. This is one thing, another thing: we have an IVR switch where the E1 lines are connected to it, and this IVR switch connected with our cisco voice gateway via E1 cables back to back, so actually the IVR switch controlling the Caller ID to appear at the destination, and at this IVR Switch the manipulation for the prefix with the caller ID is happening, so I do not think that the Route Pattern/Route List will help in our case.

Now, you guided me for an important point which is the Device CSS and the DN CSS and if the CSS contains the partition_jtapi, really I am not that expert in the Call manager as I was working in AVAYA and when I came to Cisco, I worked in the IPCC certainly. But I am a good in IP Telephony concepts generally and its configuratoin staff.

If you can help me by just giving me a very basic idea about the Device CSS, DN CSS, the what you meant by configuring the routes at the Device CSS (what is the difference between these routes and adding the route pattern)?

Also, why you prefer to apply the restrictions on the DN CSS and not to the Device CSS?

Appreciate your kindly help, and I beleive what you are going to give me will be the main help to fix the problem.

Regards

Bilal

chris.warren Tue, 02/16/2010 - 12:12

Think of it like COR in the AVAYA world. Setup the CSS on the device level so that it will match the partition of the route pattern for making external calls. The DN CSS will over-ride the Device CSS. So, you can create restrictions here. For example, create a Translation pattern that will match a number you want to block in a new Partition named "Block Restricted Numbers". Next, create a new CSS named something like "DN Restricted". Add the new Partition you just created to this.

Now, apply that to a DN. A call from that phone will first use the DN CSS and then the Device CSS.

I thought you were trying to setup a new Caller ID for all calls. Doing this for every campaign will be a little more difficult. You could try to prefix each campaign like you were originally looking at and then setup a Route Pattern for each campaign with the prefix.

For Ex)

11.555xxxxx  =Campaign1

22.555xxxxx = Campaign2

good luck!

Actions

This Discussion