cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple Raid Settings on a C-Series Server

templar1979
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to run the below Raid Configurations on the same C-Series Server?

• Raid 1: with 2 HDD
  • Raid 5 with 3 HDD

I know it is not possible on the C200 due to lack of HDD Slots, but is it possible on the C210 or C250.

Regards

4 Replies 4

vijaykrish
Level 1
Level 1

Please refer the link: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/ps10265/ps10493/c_series_comparison.html

I think we should go for a alternate RAID controller is what mentioned as "Optional". This is just my guess if Cisco can clarify will be great...!

Cheers,

VJ

Yes in the Data Sheet of the UCS-C250 rack server it mentions the ability to deploy a choice of 2x Raid controller, but using the Cisco configuration tool, you are only allowed to select 1 Raid controller and only 1 type of hard disk. It would be really expensive to get the UCS-C250 for $15K (base price) list only because it supports a dual raid configuration. This really make it hard to compete with other server vendors that offer this feature on there low end server systems.

regards

juwalthe
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, you can configure 2 separate drive groups, each with their own raid level and configuration. 

For example, I just configured a C210 server with 8 drives.  I placed the first 3 into Disk Group 0 and disks 4 and 5 into Disk Group 1.

I then created Virtual Disk 0 with a raid 5 configuration and Virtual Disk 1 with a raid1 configuration.

Hope that helps!

--Justin

Thank you for your response and support, i just have one more inquiry about this matters, can the UCS C-Series Rack servers be populated with different hard disk types at the same time, or example 2x 76G 15K and 3x 300G 10K on the same UCS C210 server?

Best Regards

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card