cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WCS Multi-Homed

vergeerf
Level 1
Level 1

I've upgraeded a multi-homed WCS server to version 6.0.170 (from 5.2.x)

This server is multi-homed and I think my client has selected the wrong interface when installing the 5.2.x version.

Is it possible to change the network interface card after installation (by adding a property file e.g.) ?

TACACS+ is not working, When adding a tacacs+ server, the local interface ip (automatically selected when adding) is using the secondary NIC. I think that's the reason for the tacacs+ failures. E-mail output from sheduled reports is not working either. I think all issues are caused by the multi-homed issue.

thanks for your help

4 Replies 4

Hi Frank!

if you change the network interface order in Microsoft Windows putting the management interface on top, you might find that should do it!

You do need to reboot to get this to work..

Regards,

Richard.

rpettersen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi !

I have exactly the same problem with WCS 6.0.181 !

Multi-homed 2003 server (2 NIC's) and it alway choose wrong nic when I tries to use radius in local wcs management.

There should be a choice that let the user choose which interface that should send out the radius packets.

I've tried to rename the nic's, but it didn't work. Also changed the ip adresses between the nic's, still wrong local interface. :-(

Anybody have a solution ?

I might not have been very clear, but the network card order DID SOLVE our problem!

During installation WCS should ask which interface to use, but in our case, there was an interface added after installation for backup purposes.

After that we also did a upgrade, but during that process the software doesn't ask about interfaces to be used. This settings seem to be inherited from the original installation.

See attached printscreen for Windows 2003 server settings..

Hi !

On our WCS I have two nic's, one for public (wcs admin,etc) and one for private (wism comunication). The radius use

always the private ip address (10.0.0.X) which is wrong because I have the radius server on the public network.

I guess that the solution will be a second nic in the radius server.

Hpoe that cisco will let us choose which local ip interface to use when wcs are using radius authnetication.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card