Views
Helpful
Replies

Calling a Hunt group problem...

medkor.karim
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I configured a parallel  voice hunt group, with Pilot N 500 and list 200,201,202.

the  problem i have is, when calling from the outside to this hunt group.

the  system starts the counting of the communication after the 1st ring... before that the  users give up the call.

4 Replies 4

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I am thinking you are meaning Charging (billing or metering) for the call commences as soon as it rings?

Whats the CFNA ring timeout for the individual members and for the Blast Group?

How do you have the blast group extension 500 mapped?  From what (PRI, FXO, BRI, SIP?)

Just curious, what are you using to determine metering has started after the first ring?

I know that parallel hunt groups are also referred to as "application-level forking" because it enables the forking of a call to multiple destinations but I wanst aware of billing impacts so more data is reauested above.

Exactly i mean that that the billing for the call starts as soos as it rings.

here is the sh voice hunt-group command reselt :

UC520#sh voice hunt-group 2
Group 2
    type: parallel
    pilot number: 500, peer-tag 500
    list of numbers: 200,202,203,
    preference: 0
    preference (sec): 0
    timeout: 30
    final_number:

and i dont configure the CFNA timeout for the individual members..

here an exemple of ephone-dn for extension 202 :

ephone-dn  11  dual-line
number 202 no-reg both
label 202
description Fname Lname
corlist incoming National-YYY

Translation to 500 is :

voice translation-rule 1
rule 1 /599999999/ /500/  from SIP

and also from FXO

voice-port 0/1/0
  connection plar opx 500
  caller-id enable
!

i determined the start of mitering, just by calling from my mobile... it start the counting of communication as soon as the rings occure.

Billing should start when the call is connected.  Calling from a mobile and looking at the time going up may not be a valid test.  Did you call the FXO port or a SIP trunk?  The SIP trunk should not start counting till a 200 ok is sent.

On the FXO side, you can have this scenario, but you configuration already fixes this issue.

If you did connection plar, the line would be answered without the IP Phone answering.  Since you did connection plar opx, answer supervision is not sent and billing doesn't start till the ip phone answers the call.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/design/CP_CIPExpress/cipce15.html#wp1011416

I would suggest talking to the PSTN provider and ask about billing of the calls and to the SIP provider as well.  The cell phone test isn't a good test.  It could vary depending on the different networks and different signaling that your receive from those networks.

Hi Sir,

Thank you for your help.

I'll see the billling's details with the PSTN provider and the SIP provider too.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: