Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCIMOC Directory Lookup dial rule in desk-phone mode

pwenger
Level 3
Level 3

Hi

I configured some directory lookup dial rules that names are resolved.

It's working fine when I'm in softphone mode, but not, when I'm in deskphone mode.

For external incoming calls it shows me the number of the calling device instead the name.

What I am missing?

Regards

Peter

2 Replies 2

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

In Desk Phone mode, CUCIMOC only controls the desk phone with CTI protocol, which means, you may make calls, answer calls, put the call on hold, resume the call.

Any other phone features (such as directory, IP phone services, speed dial, etc.) are up to the desk phone itself.

If the desk phone itself cannot resolve the name by itself, there won't be any difference when using CUCIMOC.

Soft phone mode is totally different.  In soft phone mode, CUCIMOC itself is the phone.  Thus CUCIMOC can do whatever it wants to do.

Hope this helps.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

Hi Micael

thank you for the reply!

I agree, that the deskphone itself is not able to resolve the number, but in deskphone mode CUCIMOC generates a small popup in the left under corner and there I like to resolve the number.

There must be a diffrence between the phone in deskphone mode and the CUCIMOC in deskphone mode, because on the phone I see the number with a leading 0, but not in the popup generated from CUCIMOC.

Cheers

Peter

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: